Here We Go Again.....Mark Cuban Taking Flack For Saying He's Bigoted In Some Ways

Did he say this in defense of Sterling, or just an honest comment?

He's saying he's smart enough to cross the street to avoid someone who's gone out of there way to dress the part of a gangster for his own safety, or as its known in the media " rascism"

It's obviously related to Sterling.

If it's related to Sterling, it's asinine and he deserves the flak he gets. But it could have just been a conversation about race that went off a tangent. I haven't actually seen the interview.

If he's talking about Sterling and says "well, you know, EVERYONE has prejudices..." then he deserves to be shit on. Sterling was unbelievably indefensibly racist in his comments and it's dickish to summarize it as "well, everyone is a little racist, right?"

Scary

sexy_boxing_girls_38.jpg

> Ronda

If it's related to Sterling, it's asinine and he deserves the flak he gets. But it could have just been a conversation about race that went off a tangent. I haven't actually seen the interview.

If he's talking about Sterling and says "well, you know, EVERYONE has prejudices..." then he deserves to be shit on. Sterling was unbelievably indefensibly racist in his comments and it's dickish to summarize it as "well, everyone is a little racist, right?"

The nuance of the conversation and the stakes involved shouldnt be that hard to reason through.

Oh and that people often add it to "black guy" - "black guy wearing a hoodie" as if it makes more sense.

No, you're just scared of black guys who don't dress like Obama.

Lol I'm not scared of much but I am aware of my environment.

The nuance of the conversation and the stakes involved shouldnt be that hard to reason through.

Stakes involved? Wha?

Again, haven't listened to the conversation so I don't know where it strayed for Cuban to say that... nor do I think he should get fined or lose his ownership for his comments... I just think he deserves to get some shit for the dumb statement. He's probably one of the most liked owners in the business (Sterling was easily the most hated) so no one is going to slap the racist hammer on him, but he is outspoken about how uncomfortable he is with Sterling getting in trouble for his private thoughts (which is dumb) and I'm worried he's just going to start babbling dumb stuff to further defend his position: which he has a rich history of doing...

They need to take away Cuban's team.

Stakes involved? Wha?

Again, haven't listened to the conversation so I don't know where it strayed for Cuban to say that... nor do I think he should get fined or lose his ownership for his comments... I just think he deserves to get some shit for the dumb statement. He's probably one of the most liked owners in the business (Sterling was easily the most hated) so no one is going to slap the racist hammer on him, but he is outspoken about how uncomfortable he is with Sterling getting in trouble for his private thoughts (which is dumb) and I'm worried he's just going to start babbling dumb stuff to further defend his position: which he has a rich history of doing...

You think Mark Cuban is dumb? He's not dumb you just don't understand reality. Mark Cuban and the other owners are going to have vote on kicking someone out of the NBA for something the man said. Mark Cuban and every rational human being actually finds that somewhat troubling. He clearly doesn't want to vote Sterling out.

I thin Cuban was trying to make a larger message about racism which was we all need to look at ourselves and find/control the unfair biases we have with people. This is one of the biggest problems we have today with discussing race. If you do it, the media will choose to take a portion of it and tear you apart trying to look like good people for exiling a "racist" or "bigot". The truth is though, they are harming the conversation by making into a witch trial where noone (especially people like Cuban who had a good point) can speak their thoughts on it.

ESPN and all these other sporters reporters are too stupid to see what their doing. Either that or they do understand and could care less as I'm guessing it gets them better ratings.

The same clowns denouncing Cuban and sterling are the same closet racists who continually refer to acceptable blacks as "class acts" as if they are the exception to the black race.

I thin Cuban was trying to make a larger message about racism which was we all need to look at ourselves and find/control the unfair biases we have with people. This is one of the biggest problems we have today with discussing race. If you do it, the media will choose to take a portion of it and tear you apart trying to look like good people for exiling a "racist" or "bigot". The truth is though, they are harming the conversation by making into a witch trial where noone (especially people like Cuban who had a good point) can speak their thoughts on it.

ESPN and all these other sporters reporters are too stupid to see what their doing. Either that or they do understand and could care less as I'm guessing it gets them better ratings.

They are too stupid.

He should have said that then! You said it much better, if that actually was what he was trying to convey.

Sometimes I just think Cuban is trolling honestly.

They are too stupid.

Whenever sports journalism tries to lecture me on anything outside of sports, it just becomes laughable. It just comes off as a bunch of children trying to tell a man how to be a grown up.

He should have said that then! You said it much better, if that actually was what he was trying to convey.

The fact that there is any controversy over what Cuban says proves that either the American public is pants on the head retarded or that media hype and sensationalize things for an agenda or some combination of both.

He is trying to explain why he might vote to keep Sterling in the league. I think his real argument is he doesn't want the possibility to exist of a person losing ownership of property due to what they say in public. It's a far more ideological reason but if he went that route, most people either wouldn't take it or they would say its a cheap excuse and Cuban supports racism.

The guy is trying the best he can before this vote happens his reasoning.

They need to take away Cuban's team.

3554092-4776767767-slap-.gif

You think Mark Cuban is dumb? He's not dumb you just don't understand reality. Mark Cuban and the other owners are going to have vote on kicking someone out of the NBA for something the man said. Mark Cuban and every rational human being actually finds that somewhat troubling. He clearly doesn't want to vote Sterling out.

Maybe you should read my post again. Cuban is INCREDIBLY intelligent. There are very few, if any, unintelligent billion years. I said he has a habit of saying dumb things when he's trying to defend his positions. Reading comprehension is a powerful tool, sir.

I know Cuban is torn on voting Sterling how--- mark my words though, Cuban will. He doesn't want to be the lone "no" vote and have that get leaked. Regardless, his reasoning is acceptable (but wrong) but he should STAY on that line of reason--- ie that private conversation shouldn't get you kicked out of the NBA. You purposefully didn't touch on it, but saying "well, what Sterling said, you see, EVERYONE is racist..." doesn't work on a guy who REFUSED to associate publicly with someone as white washed as Magic Johnson. Come the hell on.

ie that private conversation shouldn't get you kicked out of the NBA.

...which isn't a good argument anyway, because the conversation is not private. Everyone knows about it...which is the problem, because it could hurt the NBA's bottom line.

Back