Crime Here We Go Again: Ma’khia Bryant

Did the cop do the right thing?

• Total voters
So what's the update on the Ma'Khia riots? How bad have they been?

Thankfully the people instigating have so far failed in achieving that
Weird, I thought there were thousands ready to hit the street for the slightest reason. Especially now that we have Biden sowing division in the White House.

Weird, I thought there were thousands ready to hit the street for the slightest reason. Especially now that we have Biden sowing division in the White House.
Prolly cause the foster parents are the obvious cause of all the chaos

This girl had a giant funeral which is hilarious because the funerals of babies shot in gang crossfire are so comparatively small. How in the fuck does a girl trying to murder two people get national attention? The answer of course is a. Her race, and b. She was shot by police

16 year olds tend to know more people than infants.

her parents didn’t like her enough to keep her. She had a tendency to be kind of a bitch. Why would you think people she knew would like her enough to go to her funeral?

Even some of the worst people in the world have friends and family that love them. Most people at some point in their life have some bad, or crazy moments. Those moments aren't going to be the only way we define people, especially if you knew the person.

I don't know anything about who this girl was as a person. My post wasn't defending her character. You have no idea who she was beyond what happened in this story. And if you're a parent that doesn't like your 15 year old, 9 times out of 10, it's because you're a shitty parent.

But this constant need to ask all of these stupid questions and compare completely different scenarios is for fools.
"Well if you really care about this, then why didn't you do that? Then how come her mom didn't like her? Why care about this when you should scream louder about that?"
None of this shit is black and white. There are a range of reasons why we all care about and react to different situations. My reaction to one situation does not automatically tell you how I feel about another situation.
I think what happened here with the officer shooting her was justified, but I also can feel some pity and and sympathy that a young girl had to die because everyone around her failed her. It's possible to have a range of feelings, sometimes even conflicting feels, on one issue.

Even some of the worst people in the world have friends and family that love them. Most people at some point in their life have some bad, or crazy moments. Those moments aren't going to be the only way we define people, especially if you knew the person.

I don't know anything about who this girl was as a person. My post wasn't defending her character. You have no idea who she was beyond what happened in this story. And if you're a parent that doesn't like your 15 year old, 9 times out of 10, it's because you're a shitty parent.

But this constant need to ask all of these stupid questions and compare completely different scenarios is for fools.
"Well if you really care about this, then why didn't you do that? Then how come her mom didn't like her? Why care about this when you should scream louder about that?"
None of this shit is black and white. There are a range of reasons why we all care about and react to different situations. My reaction to one situation does not automatically tell you how I feel about another situation.
I think what happened here with the officer shooting her was justified, but I also can feel some pity and and sympathy that a young girl had to die because everyone around her failed her. It's possible to have a range of feelings, sometimes even conflicting feels, on one issue.

Yes. Who hasn’t pinned someone against a car and try to put a butcher knife in their eye? Total normal behavior.

Really the only bad people (besides the murderous cop) are the people who judged this poor, innocent, harmless child for one brief moment of murderous rage.

Did you also feel a lot of pity for Eric Harris and Dylan Kleibold? Some eggs are bad.

Maybe the mom didn’t like her because she had the habit of charging people with knives.

the girl didn’t have to die because of the people around her. It was her decision to try to kill someone. Not her parents, not society, no one. It was her fault. She’s 16, she’s old enough to know the consequences of her actions.

Yes. Who hasn’t pinned someone against a car and try to put a butcher knife in their eye? Total normal behavior.

Really the only bad people (besides the murderous cop) are the people who judged this poor, innocent, harmless child for one brief moment of murderous rage.

Did you also feel a lot of pity for Eric Harris and Dylan Kleibold? Some eggs are bad.

Maybe the mom didn’t like her because she had the habit of charging people with knives.

the girl didn’t have to die because of the people around her. It was her decision to try to kill someone. Not her parents, not society, no one. It was her fault. She’s 16, she’s old enough to know the consequences of her actions.

You, like a lot of people that "think" like you just want to bitch and complain and point fingers, but don't care about solving problems or adding anything substantive to the conversation. You just care about your stupid bootstrap ideology.

At no point did I defend her actions---I said that our worst moments in life don't necessarily define who we are.
And what? A 16 year old's parents and environment have no effect on the person that they become? You're really going to plant your flag on that mountain of stupid? Next level retard take. The girl is ultimately responsible for her actions, but she also didn't get there by herself.

What the fuck does an Eric Harriss or a Dylan Kleibold have to do with THIS situation that we're talking about in this thread? Make a thread about them and tag me and i'll go respond in that thread about those people.

You're just obviously a partisan reactionary. Even when I write a post where I don't shit on the cops, agree that the right course of action happened, you still weren't satisfied and had to whine about a bunch of other nonsense that has nothing to do with this story.

16 year olds tend to know more people than infants.

She also had al sharpton and other celebrities there. The funeral was televised. When was the last time an attempted
Murder was given such a send off?

Formerly fat al couldn’t be bothered to go to the funerals of the funerals of those children or if the nine month pregnant woman shot in the stomach and head, killing both her and the baby. But to be fair, he did give a eulogy at the funeral of a one year old killed at a cookout by gunfire. He blamed gun manufacturers and republicans for the death of the baby.

People like lebron james, justin timbalake, beyonce, Chelsea handler, and many others all commented that this girl was murdered and what a tragedy it was but they are fucking silent when children get taken out by gang violence because that is just a Tuesday in the hood-but a cop shooting a girl trying to stab two other people is an innocent child who was a victim of the foster care system that failed her.

Jesus, cops ask him to come out fo the room. He doesn’t want to. Then he makes a super fast mention that puts the cops in reactive mode. Brilliant.

I hope this dude survived. Nobody deserves to die from making a dumb move

he grabbed a gun and was turning towards the officers with it. The family actually said “he didn’t point the gun at them and was appearing to be complying with their commands snd he wasn’t s threat to the officers.” Yeah, at no time did he follow the instructions and then he pulls out the gun to show the officers “here
Is my gun, isn’t it nice” and pew pew pew-they murder him.

Police shoot man for the crime of laying in bed while black.

She knew that was going to happen and knew he had a gun hidden in the blankets. That is an unnatural position and it was clear to me that he was trying to figure out what to do next. When he finally tries to pull out the gun, he gets lit up. They should have started medical on him. And believe
Me, that tone you get when the radio can’t transmit sucks because it is always when you need it. They should have gone to a window and they would have been able to transmit that they just shot a guy.

Prolly cause the foster parents are the obvious cause of all the chaos

her real parents were no treat either, hence the whole removal from the home in the first place. But of course, you have the obligatory “she was trying to get her baby back and get her life
Together so they could be a family again”

You seem to be making up things to argue against

It would be better to spend that energy against the cunts who tried to fan the flames over this

She knew that was going to happen and knew he had a gun hidden in the blankets. That is an unnatural position and it was clear to me that he was trying to figure out what to do next. When he finally tries to pull out the gun, he gets lit up. They should have started medical on him. And believe
Me, that tone you get when the radio can’t transmit sucks because it is always when you need it. They should have gone to a window and they would have been able to transmit that they just shot a guy.

Wasn’t she asked to leave the room and instead stood directly in front, almost obstructing the officers view. Lmao it’s like some people are incapable of following commands from the police.

She also had al sharpton and other celebrities there. The funeral was televised. When was the last time an attempted
Murder was given such a send off?

Formerly fat al couldn’t be bothered to go to the funerals of the funerals of those children or if the nine month pregnant woman shot in the stomach and head, killing both her and the baby. But to be fair, he did give a eulogy at the funeral of a one year old killed at a cookout by gunfire. He blamed gun manufacturers and republicans for the death of the baby.

People like lebron james, justin timbalake, beyonce, Chelsea handler, and many others all commented that this girl was murdered and what a tragedy it was but they are fucking silent when children get taken out by gang violence because that is just a Tuesday in the hood-but a cop shooting a girl trying to stab two other people is an innocent child who was a victim of the foster care system that failed her.

Can we stop pretending like we don't understand why this shooting got the attention that it did?
It got the attention that it did because police shootings are what has been in the news for over a year, there is video footage of it, and because of the age and sex of Ma'Khia.
If another 15 year old black girl got shot by the cops tomorrow, it'd probably get even more attention. And it's going to keep getting attention until some kind of action is taken in regards to how policing is done.

That unfortunately means that every one of these cases gets lumped in together as being "bad shoots". I don't want that, but there is absolutely no discussion on WHY this is the way it has been. This is due to a complete lack of action and leadership. Instead of blaming protestors, there is no focus on the people that have the power to change things.
A simple, "Hey, we hear your concerns. We see there's an issue, and here's what we're going to do..." Where has that been? What mass, systemic, substantive changes have been put forth? There's nothing.
And people complain about them complaining when you did nothing to address their complaint.

Can you not admit that police killing civilians and criminals killing civilians are separate issues? Neither is good. But they aren't the same thing. Because they aren't the same thing, they don't have the same solutions.
There is nothing Al Sharpton or Lebron James can say to a gang member that is going to make them stop doing what they're doing. What is going to stop crime, is systemic changes that make those crimes less likely to occur.
Al Sharpton and Lebron James can put pressure on the government, on leaders, on systems--because those things have ways to be held into account by the public. They do not have that power over gangs. Gangs and criminals don't bend to tweets and pressure from dinosaurs of the past and celebrities.

Tweeting this out, and tweeting every time a black kid gets murdered does nothing more than make YOU feel good. What ends up happening is that it allows people to not focus on the root causes of these issues. It turns the conversation into the "black on black" crime argument, instead of the obvious and largely inevitable consequences of poverty, drugs, and lack of opportunities in urban environments.
Most importantly, Lebron is a basketball player. He isn't a terribly intelligent person. People need to stop looking to him to make sense of the world. (and by people, I mean conservatives. Leftys aren't doing things BECAUSE Lebron said so. He's just inarticulately echoing the feelings that a lot of people have)

her parents didn’t like her enough to keep her. She had a tendency to be kind of a bitch. Why would you think people she knew would like her enough to go to her funeral?
Wait, but her dead beat mom who intentionally or unintentionally abandoned her in foster care said... wait for it, “had a motherly aspect about her.” By motherly she must have meant the understanding of the 12 to 6 motion in knife fighting unarmed victims.

The funeral was filled with starved for attention victim Olympic participants...

Back