Law Here we go again, again: The Andrew Brown shooting thread

Maybe they see it or part of it or none of it. The judge would make the decision. Releasing evidence to the public before a trial makes setting a jury hard.

Say it shows something that might hurt the defense that was not admissible or that does the same with the prosecution.

This why.
Judges can be biased in favor of law enforcement. What you are suggesting is the opposite of transparency, to just trust the authorities to be fair , balanced and honest.

And what if there was video taken by a bystander, that would be seen by the public. Are we gona say the authorities can confiscate all video taken by civilians?

forrest-gump-002.jpg

It’s that Forrest Gump thing, but make everything about race why don’t ya.

And no, people should not be shot like Castille. That’s pretty simple, and rare.
Boomer movie reference?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Hill_Occupied_Protest

The interesting thing is with CHOP/CHAZ which was primarily a
My guy, I'm from Brooklyn, Dafukk you coming to me about some hipsters on the west coast?
That military personnel you’re referring to was a moron if he really drove a mile and a half before pulling over. You can’t see how they usually make the situation harder on themselves?
Doing so saved this life. The hell would you pull over in darkness because these trigger happy nut cases who are afraid of everything ask you to? Those dirt bags even threaten him so he wouldn't speak, but Thankfully it was caught on video.

The terms of engagement is changing.

Judges can be biased in favor of law enforcement. What you are suggesting is the opposite of transparency, to just trust the authorities to be fair , balanced and honest.

And what if there was video taken by a bystander, that would be seen by the public. Are we gona say the authorities can confiscate all video taken by civilians?

The only way they could take a civilians video is with a warrant. This was police property and now the DA has it and controlled by the court.

If there is no charges the lawyers can file to get it released if it is not.

The only way they could take a civilians video is with a warrant. This was police property and now the DA has it and controlled by the court.

If there is no charges the lawyers can file to get it released if it is not.

Bodycams are paid for by the taxpayer , so they should release it.

Not if will in the judges opinion it would endanger a fair trial.
And that is the problem, that the authorities can withold such information from the public. A jury will see the bodycams, so what is the issue with letting the public see it before the trial?

When you hide such crucual information, it is perfectly reasonable for the public to suspect foul play / cover-up. When the authorities hang onto it for a long time, people will suspect the video is being edited.

Is this the case where they were deciding on the bodycam video? Did they release it?

Sounds like according to the DA he tried to ram the cops and physically struck some of them.

That’s what the claim is now. Honestly, I pray that is the case. Not that it will matter-people will protest and say his name and all that bullshit like Bryant. But I want to see them wrong and stupidly double down on it and then when they don’t get their way, they cry and destroy stuff. Plus, US cops can’t handle any more scandals

Sounds like it’s very likely that the cop was in the wrong here, surprised this isn’t getting more attention.

And that is the problem, that the authorities can withold such information from the public. A jury will see the bodycams, so what is the issue with letting the public see it before the trial?

When you hide such crucual information, it is perfectly reasonable for the public to suspect foul play / cover-up. When the authorities hang onto it for a long time, people will suspect the video is being edited.

I was totally against the releasing of footage at first many years ago. But I have since changed my mind a bit. I think the police should release more videos to the news of body cam footage of the cops doing good things as well as the bad shit.

With that said, having the footage out there will taint a jury pool, but probably no more than the race jackals like ben chump spinning their narrative which is often either flat out wrong or so twisted it creates expectations and influences people’s opinions before they even see it. That’s why I liked what Columbus pd did with they last two shootings. Video out immediately to make people like chump look like an idiot.

So what’s the story? He got in a vehicle and tried to flee?

Shocking. News headlines ran away, stirring the pot, insinuating he was shot in the back while harmlessly driving away

DA determines the shoot was justified. There won’t even be any charges or discipline

He hit deputies with his car twice, and the first shots were fired through the front of the windshield as he drove at the cops a 3rd time

(CNN)District Attorney Andrew Womble said Tuesday that the deputies who fatally shot Andrew Brown Jr. last month were justified in using deadly force, citing a North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation probe.

Womble said the shooting, "while tragic, was justified because Mr. Brown's actions caused three deputies to reasonably believe it was necessary to use deadly force to protect themselves and others."

Brown, a 42-year-old Black man, was fatally shot by Pasquotank County sheriff's deputies in Elizabeth City on April 21 when they attempted to serve him with an arrest warrant, according to the sheriff's office.

Womble, the district attorney for Pasquotank and nearby counties, has said Brown's moving vehicle made contact with law enforcement officers twicebefore the deputies opened fire.

They need to release those body cams now tho so us public can see

The fact that they aren't releasing the footage is a bit suspect I must say. If he did in fact hit or try to hit officers and they shot him through the front of his windshield then it's likely justified, but the family claims they saw otherwise in the footage and are claiming the gunshot wound was to the back of the head. Footage would help squelch doubt, well for people who don't have an agenda at least.

Police should stop policing black areas if the result of a shooting is going to cause millions or even billions in damages every time.

Then there will be riots cause police arent protecting them. Just listen to all the flak about the crime bill from the 90s and then remember that it was inner city AA leaders begging for something to be done about the crack epidemic.

The fact that they aren't releasing the footage is a bit suspect I must say. If he did in fact hit or try to hit officers and they shot him through the front of his windshield then it's likely justified, but the family claims they saw otherwise in the footage and are claiming the gunshot wound was to the back of the head. Footage would help squelch doubt, well for people who don't have an agenda at least.

its out.

Back