Here is how Vai Cavalo becomes UFC World Heavyweight Champion!!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Young Herschel, May 12, 2014.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Blue Belt

I can clearly see how Fabricio should approach this November title fight with Cain and how to secure victory:

Cain's best attributes are his MMA kickboxing, dirty boxing, ground & pound and clinchgrappling which are each enhanced by his superior cardio.

Fabricio should assertively take the center of the cage and face down the soon-to-be former champion with an educated jab and Muay Thai combinations off of the jab in a strategic objective to back Cain up and make him fight cautiously/passively and at Werdum's pace.

Switch stances at times and finish various Muay Thai combinations of three, five and two strikes with some targeted at his body (liver especially) at his head (temple especially) or his legs (knee especially)

Cain will try to smother Werdum against the cage and drown him with high-intensity dirty boxing . . . bust him open like a tomato with advanced close combat combinations from Kings MMA . . . use the Muay Thai clinch to dictate the pace and the direction of the fight . . . use the Judo clinch as well to keep Cain guessing about pulls and/or pushes then trips and/or throws while in the standing grapple exchanges.

If the fight goes to the mat, so what you do but concentrate on sweeps more than submissions when opportunities present themselves ASAP (use Cain's aggressiveness against him and gain superior position) BUT be sure to bust him with a MMA knee strike when the single takedown attempt comes from Cain :)

This fight will be won on the basis of the striking exchanges . . . because if Cain loses the standup where does he go for sanctuary? To the mat? No he goes to the cage for desperation dirty boxing I believe so . . . anticipate that and capitalize on it when this scenario occurs with superior grappling and various takedowns threats from the Judo and BJJ mastery you have over the soon-to-be former champion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabrício_Werdum

Cain is NOT invincible and I reasonably and honestly believe that this gameplan will enable Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum to take the UFC title!!

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. Lethal_Striker

Lethal_Striker Silver Belt

Cain would take him down with ease and pound him out, most likely within 1 round.

3. EuRapaz

EuRapaz Blue Belt

now you have to hope he doesn't see this

4. Sharknado

Sharknado Green Belt

I think Frabricio would have a better time pulling guard with his back to the cage, try to lock up an armbar, maybe transition to the triangle. As good of a grappler/wrestler as Cain is it's not a good idea to jump into Werdums guard and swing for the finish.

On the feet it's gonna be really interesting to see Cain's excellent kickboxing style go up against a very effective Muy Thai stand up game.

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Blue Belt

I have never and I mean NEVER seen anyone even think about going to the mat with Werdum. I don't think Cain will either seriously. Everyone wants to stand with Jacare, Werdum, and Aoki in my experience and you damn sure know why :icon_twis

It could go to the mat but if it does it will be because Cain loses a clinchgrapple exchange with Werdum . . . I don't even think opponents want to clinch with Vai Cavalo honestly because it could go badly for them and they could end up on the mat.

This is the AKA kickboxing of Team Velasquez versus the Kings MMA Muay Thai of Team Werdum and may the best man win . . . but without his usual groundgame superiority his stand-up will suffer because Werdum will have no reason to respect his takedowns absent well-timed knee strikes of course :icon_twis

6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Blue Belt

Co-sign

I submit that it is preferable to use his Judo from the clinch to advance his position and put Cain on his back than to rely on his BJJ to pull guard if Werdum has way in the standup clinch. You don't want to give Cain's ground & pound any "freebies" and he will be hard-pressed to recover from Werdum's BJJ top game. Werdum could use the Judo clinch to push/pull Cain off balance and even execute a successful Judo trip/throw into top position. When the fight goes to the mat Werdum should attempt to sweep/reverse ASAP and use submissions attempts to advance position as well enroute to a successfully sweep Cain.

Too many fights end in failure when fighters fail to reverse position while fishing for subs from the bottom. I believe this fight can be won on the feet with Werdum's Muay Thai game

7. Jew Jif Shoes

Jew Jif Shoes Brown Belt

Werdum is an interesting fight for Cain because he's probably the only guy at HW who wouldn't mind having Cain in his guard. And his stand up has looked very sharp lately, so I think he can possibly hold his own on the feet against Cain. It's a very winnable fight for Fabricio if he can keep up with Cain's pace.

I will be betting on Cain, however.

8. welcometohavoc

welcometohavoc Yellow Card

We've never seen Cain tested by an elite BJJ player.

9. riitzni

riitzni Silver Belt

Toluca Prison, hanging with the convicts and carvi
    Cain's gameplan: stuff and TDs and light him up on the feet

Werdum's gameplan: troll Cain into jumping into his guard

If Fabricio doesn't come forward aggressively, the fight will look a lot like the Overeem one.

10. Saiyan Prince

Saiyan Prince Orange Belt

Wish on buddy. The only way Werdum becomes Ufc Hw champion is if Cain keeps having injury and lose his belt via Dominick Cruz.

11. Pem123

Pem123 Red Belt

end thread

12. The Batman

The Batman Retired Platinum Member

Fabricio doesn't care if he gets taken down so he's free to commit a lot to his strikes.

That's going to be a factor, JDS didn't want to get put on his back vs Cain.

13. is normal

is normal Brown Belt

Or comes in out of shape due to injuries...
    Cain got this though.

14. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

Cain is not going to stay in Werdum's guard for a long time. He will punch him in the face 2-3 times and let him get up, then rinse and repeat. Werdum is not Palhares. Overeem, Nelson, Bigfoot and even Browne went to the ground with him and did not get submitted.

Or Cain can use the clinch to land punches on Werdum.

15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Blue Belt

Werdum's gameplan will be to enter the cage in his best condition ever and take the center of the octagon from the opening bell and back Cain up with Muay Thai . . . because if he can win the striking exhanges and make Cain back up then he knows that Cain will be at his mercy.

What does Cain do if Werdum outstrikes him with Kings MMA?

It really could happen with such a long layoff of 13 months for Cain and with seven years of Werdum training his Brazilian MT enroute to becoming a blackbelt practitioner under Cordeiro.

16. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

Cain is much, much faster than Werdum. He is gonna light him up standing, in and out, in and out until Werdum starts to tire, then it will be grind him along the cage time.

i think it will look alot like Cain/Nog but Werdum will be tough to finish, he prob start butt flopping at some point when his tank is getting low.

17. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Blue Belt

Thank you!

These people are so delusional in their evaluations . . . why wouldn't Werdum use Muay Thai knees to bust Cain up when he shoots the single?

Do people REALLY think that Cain want to take Werdum down to the mat?

really?

Please tell me who has employed this tactic on such a high level Brazilian JJ practitioner?

If anything Cain will use his grappling skills to keep from losing clinches and subjecting himself the perils of Werdum's top game. He will look to keep the fight standing until Werdum starts to tire . . . so forget this round 1 finish fantasy several of you guys are proposing. I assure you that Cain wants no part of Werdum's groundgame ESPECIALLY in round 1 when he is at 100%.

Cain hits harder than Werdum so his best bet is to make this into a K-1 match with his AKA kickboxing and avoid any Judo clinch takedowns. That would seem to be the more strategic way to approach this thing. Going to the mat for a takedown would be reckless and poor strategy indeed . . . Werdum has multiple world BJJ championships :icon_neut

18. PaulRFC53

PaulRFC53 Purple Belt

Hard to see how Cain doesn't win, he is simply just too good.

Werdum needs to come in some serious shape for this fight. You also have to assume he wants Cain to take him down so he should try and work a lot of kicks into this fight. He has no fear of the takedown at all so you have to think he will happily commit to his all of his strikes. He needs to avoid getting clinched against the cage though, Cain will dirty box the shit out of him and also gas him out.

19. ch0rx

ch0rx Purple Belt

People are sleeping on Werdum's stand-up, sadly.

Cain doesn't have knockout power, unless you chin is shot like Nog and your head is the size of a flatscreen like Bigfoot's.

Werdum is a live dog here.

20. PaulRFC53

PaulRFC53 Purple Belt

[​IMG]