Here are the Top 10s. Do you see any fighters who would be under threat with a loss?

Also, don't count FlW's from being cut

Urushitani lost two in a row and got cut, despite being in the original flyweight tournament and widely being accepted as a top 5 FlW OAT and being ranked by many as top 10 at the time

Absolutely no way Brad Pickett is anywhere near getting cut.

He's probably the 2nd best British MMA fighter in the world, and Dana said he's one of his favorite fighters in the entire organization presumably because of his aggressive fighting style and toughness.

What would be the point of the UFC investing so much in the UK only then to cut someone like Pickett? It makes no sense.

Absolutely no way Brad Pickett is anywhere near getting cut.

He's probably the 2nd best British MMA fighter in the world, and Dana said he's one of his favorite fighters in the entire organization presumably because of his aggressive fighting style and toughness.

What would be the point of the UFC investing so much in the UK only then to cut someone like Pickett? It makes no sense.

I agree on all points but same could be said of Japan, no?

I agree on all points but same could be said of Japan, no?

The UFC hasn't invested much in Japan, I'm not sure what their plans are as far as continuing to invest in Japan as many have warned the outlook for MMA there is quite dubious, and Okami was never much of a fan favorite there anyway.

The UFC hasn't invested much in Japan, I'm not sure what their plans are as far as continuing to invest in Japan as many have warned the outlook for MMA there is quite dubious, and Okami was never much of a fan favorite there anyway.

Fair enough.

Maybe he will be resigned if the Japanese expansion goes more successfully maybe.

Lyoto Machida. He may be Sherdogs most nuthugged fighter, but he's 3-5 in his last 8 and his only decent win of those 3 is Dan Henderson in a controversial decision. If he loses to Munoz he's gone.

Here are the Top 10s minus Fly and WBW.

Do you see any fighters that could be under threat with a loss, and who are the ones who are safe?

HEAVYWEIGHT
Champion : Cain Velasquez
1 Junior dos Santos*
2 Daniel Cormier*
3 Fabricio Werdum*
4 Antonio Silva*
5 Travis Browne*
6 Josh Barnett*
7 Frank Mir*
8 Alistair Overeem*
9 Roy Nelson*
10 Stipe Miocic

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
Champion : Jon Jones
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Glover Teixeira
3 Phil Davis
4 Rashad Evans
5 Lyoto Machida
6 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
7 Dan Henderson
8 Chael Sonnen
9 Gegard Mousasi
10 Mauricio Rua

MIDDLEWEIGHT
Champion : Chris Weidman
1 Anderson Silva
2 Vitor Belfort
3 Ronaldo Souza
4 Michael Bisping
5 Mark Munoz
6 Yushin Okami
7 Luke Rockhold
8 Francis Carmont *NR
9 Costa Philippou
10 Chael Sonnen

WELTERWEIGHT
Champion : Georges St-Pierre
1 Johny Hendricks
2 Carlos Condit
3 Rory MacDonald
4 Demian Maia
5 Jake Ellenberger
6 Martin Kampmann
7 Nick Diaz
8 Robbie Lawler
9 Tarec Saffiedine
10 Matt Brown

LIGHTWEIGHT
Champion : Anthony Pettis
1 Benson Henderson
2 Gilbert Melendez
3 TJ Grant
4 Josh Thomson
5 Gray Maynard
6 Rafael dos Anjos
7 Khabib Nurmagomedov *NR
8 Nate Diaz
9 Jim Miller
10 Donald Cerrone

FEATHERWEIGHT
Champion : Jose Aldo
1 Chad Mendes
2 Ricardo Lamas
3 Frankie Edgar
4 Cub Swanson
5 Chan Sung Jung
6 Dustin Poirier
7 Dennis Siver
8 Nik Lentz
9 Clay Guida
10 Erik Koch

BANTAMWEIGHT
Champion : Dominick Cruz
1 Renan Barao (Interim Champion)
2 Urijah Faber
3 Michael McDonald
4 Eddie Wineland
5 Raphael Assuncao
6 Brad Pickett
7 Scott Jorgensen
8 Mike Easton
9 TJ Dillashaw
10 Takeya Mizugaki *NR

HW- If Overeem loses he's out. If Mir or Nelson lose IMO they could be released but will probably get one more chance.
LHW- Hendo might get force retired if he gets KO'd by Belfort.
I honestly think that's it. Then again the whole reason we're having this thread is because the UFC does things we don't see coming.

of the guys you listed by division

HW: I think Mir maybe sticks around if he loses to Reem, but reem and big country definately get cut

LHW: prior to beating Hendo, Rashad was in the danger zone, but I think he's safe for now. Hendo I don't see getting cut, Nog I think retires due to injuries before he gets cut and Shogun has to many fans to get cut.

MW: Okami was obviously cut, Carmont definately gets cut if he loses, and I could see Vitor getting cut if he pisses off Dana and loses two in a row or something. Rockhold to maybe, IDK what his pay is. Maybe even Munoz if he continues to on and off win-lose

WW: Nobody get's cut

LW: Maynard if he loses again, Miller and Cerrone if it's clear that they just won't ever get that big win necessary for a title shot. Nate if he pisses off Dana again

FW: Guida will be cut, that's more or less a certainty, Siver and Koch possibly. I think Lentz is doing well enough that he's safe for now

BW: I'd have said Jorgensen, but he's moving to FlW, so he'll be fine. anyhow, easton could get cut, I could see Mizugaki getting cut too if he loses two in a row or something, Dana seems to like cutting Asian fighters because it discredits Asian MMA. Faber if he goes on a big lose streak, same with Wineland

Nelson just signed a new contract.

Nah, his style is 'Dana-friendly' he could go 0-5 but so long as he retains his gimmick of mean mugging and flipping guys off while get his face punched in, he's probably safe.

hahhahaahahhaahhahaahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back