Herb "Quick Stoppage" Dean Strikes Again

Dean ruined the fight? You gotta be kidding me. He might have saved Siver's career cuz he was done. At first it didn't look like the left that dropped Siver was that hard, but on the replay, the view from above, you could see Siver's jaw/skull moving inside his head so it was a major shot.

Siver looked like he wanted out of that fight in the later part of round 1 you could just tell if anything Herbz made the right call

Thats the way it should be. IF you turtle up and are just absorbing shots you lost.

Siver was far from being out and Herb "Quick Stoppage" Dean ruins another main event. I'm not saying Siver would've won at that point but he wasn't getting hit with any clean shot once he got mounted then "Quick Stoppage" stepped in. I bet you Dana was thrilled Herb did him another favor with that BS stoppage.

Hahhah, you must hate Siver bad :icon_neut

Herb honestly sucks, the replay of the finish, 1 of 6 blows goes through, ya Siver was hurt and covering but GOAT was missing, Herb is the king of early stoppages and has become the worst ref in the biz, wheres Mirgliota at ? the Howard/Larkin stoppage was iffy too

You have lost credibility.

here you go big guy

WhisperedEthicalBaiji.gif

Am I stoopid or did none of the punches/elbows even land ?

Horrible thread, Herb did an excellent job preventing an unecessary concussion

Siver wanted out. Curling up into a little ball is not the same as defending yourself. Herb told him to defend himself and he curled up tighter. Herbs the GOAT.

From that GIF it does look like Siver just turtled up and did nothing to defend himself. Don't want the ref to stop it? Do more than turtle up and hope the other guy tires out. At least in the Lesnar example someone mentioned, he kept moving position, trying to get out and always defending himself. It does not appear that Siver was doing any of that. Covering up and praying does not equal intellegent defence.

Herb told Siver to work, you just couldn't hear it over the sound of Joe's tongue gently caressing Connor's left testicle.

Siver looked like he really underestimated the power and speed of Connor. I definitely overestimated Siver's fight IQ. I thought he would catch on to that quick straight left Connor was throwing out right behind the slow lazy right, but Siver just kept on getting tagged by it. If Siver could have overcome that one punch, he'd have been a bigger threat. And he was a threat, he landed several decent kicks to the body, several punches to the beard, and generally looked as good as a guy with Sean Sherk arms can look. You just didn't hear about it because of Joe's ever-present sucking and licking of that ballbag.

I think they were both different situations. Frankie kept getting up and Brock was doing a good job of blocking the strikes.

Frankie didn't even know where he was. Brock did a really good job blocking those shots with his head if thats what you meant.

here you go big guy

WhisperedEthicalBaiji.gif

Thank you for proving my point. The "ONLY" shots that Conor landed were the first 2 head slaps otherwise every elbow and punch thrown hit Siver on his arms. Siver was defending those shots perfectly which proves my point Herb "Quick Stoppage" Dean blew another main event fight.

Siver was taking some really hard shots the whole fight and wasn't defending himself. If you really expect refs to stop fights only when guys are completely out then you're fucking retarded and have probably never trained a day in your life

he was defending himself. Conor's shots were hitting his arms. This whole "fight back" things the refs do is BS. Blocking shots is defending yourself.

Frankie didn't even know where he was. Brock did a really good job blocking those shots with his head if thats what you meant.

Thank you for proving my point. The "ONLY" shots that Conor landed were the first 2 head slaps otherwise every elbow and punch thrown hit Siver on his arms. Siver was defending those shots perfectly which proves my point Herb "Quick Stoppage" Dean blew another main event fight.

yeah I remember a few WEC fights where a guy had full mount on the back of his opponent and punched away until the round ended and most punches were blocked. No need to stop it unless the guy is getting battered and Siver clearly wasn't

Wow it's amazing how all the pro Conor people got so quiet after the GIF proof was posted.

It's how the fight was going before this gif started. Siver was getting killed. Herb saved him from more punishment. It's a refs job

Wow it's amazing how all the pro Conor people got so quiet after the GIF proof was posted.

McGregor destroyed him. You're trying to make a point that doesn't even matter.
It was a better stoppage than Cain vs Rothwell. Why don't you argue that one too.

Siver was far from being out and Herb "Quick Stoppage" Dean ruins another main event. I'm not saying Siver would've won at that point but he wasn't getting hit with any clean shot once he got mounted then "Quick Stoppage" stepped in. I bet you Dana was thrilled Herb did him another favor with that BS stoppage.

If the criteria was to wait until they are completely out and are sustaining massive brain damage, they wouldn't need a professional referee, any idiot Shertard could work the fight. He's supposed to step in to PREVENT a catastrophic injury, not stop it after it happens.

Don't be ridiculous TS Siver was done what else could Herb do except stop the fight.

Back