Herb "Quick Stoppage" Dean Strikes Again

If anything,.. Herb is really inconsistent.

yep...did people already forget herb "quick stoppage" dean's late stoppage in the larkin fight a few fights before this one? even larkin looked to herb dean to stop the fight before he killed a few more of his brain cells

Lorenz%2BLarkin%2BUnloads%2Bon%2BJohn%2BHoward%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B59%2BBoston.gif

It was quick but deserved. There was no way that was a bad stoppage. Siver was getting pounded on by elbows from the mount and there was no way Siver was going to get out of that.

He made no attempt to change the situ he just covered.

Excuse me but Edgar was on queer street for almost all of round 1 and Carwin threw at least 40+ unanswered shots.

I think they were both different situations. Frankie kept getting up and Brock was doing a good job of blocking the strikes.

Siver took one hell of a beating in round 1 and by the time McGregor rocked him and took mount, you could tell Siver had no more fight left in him.

My opinion anyway(Also don't start a post by saying "excuse me". Makes you sound like a dork)

yep...did people already forget herb "quick stoppage" dean's late stoppage in the larkin fight a few fights before this one? even larkin looked to herb dean to stop the fight before he killed a few more of his brain cells

Lorenz%2BLarkin%2BUnloads%2Bon%2BJohn%2BHoward%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B59%2BBoston.gif

Now someone put up the McGregor/Siver stoppage.

Herb Dean is so fake. He only refs the big fights. Herb should go get some fans. I wonder if Herb only gets the good fights because of his reach. Herb is so explosive. :rolleyes:

Herb is probably the most inconsistent ref when it comes to stoppages. He's not a bad ref either, he just has no predictable tendency like most of the others.

"fight back or i'm going to stop it"

*waits 2 seconds before stopping it*

Watched the fight, then logged in expecting tons of "ZOMFG what a late stoppage! Fire Herb Dean rite nao!" threads.
Instead we get "Herb Quick Stoppage Dean Strikes Again".
Sherdog never disappoints...

Siver was done when he dropped.
Everything that followed was completely unnecessary.

Herb dean is a terrible ref. It is not his job to stop the fight when one person starts getting beaten up. It's his job to stop it when they can not intelligently defend themselves.

If Siver wanted out, he could have tapped. He had his hands up defending and not a single shot from Conor landing clean once he was mounted.

It is clear Conor is a much better fighter and would have gone on to win that fight more than likely. I am not some upset Siver fan claiming he would have won if it wasn't stopped.

Imagine if that was Connor on the bottom and Herb Dean stepped in. Bet Dana would stop calling him the best in the business. Or even better, imagine if that was a title fight and it got stopped with Aldo on the bottom yet clearly defending himself.

Herb is the absolute worse ref to have in there for a big fight.

I will say it again..HERB, it is NOT your job to stop the fight because someone is getting beat up. IT IS your job to stop it when they can't defend themselves intelligently.

Herb honestly sucks, the replay of the finish, 1 of 6 blows goes through, ya Siver was hurt and covering but GOAT was missing, Herb is the king of early stoppages and has become the worst ref in the biz, wheres Mirgliota at ? the Howard/Larkin stoppage was iffy too

Nothing wrong with that stoppage, Siver seemed to accept it as well, reminded me a bit of the Swanson vs Siver stoppage, more of the same was coming.

Herb nearly got Bubba Jenkins killed at Bellator Friday night.

Siver was done. The optimism he came into the octagon with that he could win the fight had completely dissipated. He wanted to get out of there with no more damage and wanted to collect what was probably a decent sized check.

Back