Herb Dean once again screwed up another fighter's career

Former WW contender Ben Askren was :
the-wire-so-and-so-animated-gif.gif

If you remember, I guess more than a decade ago, Herb Dean made a pretty messed up call standing up GG and Crocop when GG was pounding CC's face in with hellbows, and then CC got RHKed in the most devastating knock out of all time in MMA. CC's visions were all blurry because he was getting smashed, but GG wouldn't have finished CC in his guard like he did. CC might have been able to get his gatherings back on the ground, but Herb for god knows what reason stood them up. I believe CC had to get a surgery because his leg was all twisted up getting unconscious and falling down, and you know, taht is career altering knock out right there.

Just like that, when it looks like it should have done a fighter a favour, Herb Dean screwed up another man's career. Herb Dean's terrible. He shouldn't have stopped the fight against Lawler obviously, but the kicker is, I believe Ben would have won that fight handidly. You can say all you want about Ben, but he's a world class wrestler and got a ton of heart and cardio. When someone goes ape shit to finish someone in the first round, it does some for someone's cardio and right away Ben was able to take lawler down as well.

I know lot of people thought Maia would get wrestlefucked by Ben. I thought he was the hardest match up for him. Masvidal, Masvidal is a journeyman who only had the hail mary chance, and it only took the fastest ko of the UFC history to win the fight. Lawler hasn't looked good in ages since...well some say it coincides with the USADA, but who knows right?

Ben looks god awful in the stand up. But very few people can stop his takedowns. If you followed Jorge's career, you know how bad he is. He's not very good at all. Lima is much much better than Jorge, and Ben literally molested him in their primes.

I think some blame should fall of Herb here. If Herb made the right decision instead of making excuses after, he obviously thought he fucked up right after, and let the fight go on, Ben should have been able to get the credit for coming back and winning in a possible fight of the night honor.
But now people thinks he lost three fights in a row instead. If you ask anyone, Ben was in a better spot than Lawlor was. Lawlor gave everything he had, still couldn't finish, and still got taken down in the same round, pinned against the cage.

I don't understand what the love fest for Herb Dean is about really.
Didn’t read but yeah, herb dean sucks. I think he is the worst ref ever.

Herb didn’t do shit about Woodley grabbing the fence against Maia.

Whattt a corrupt bastard.

Just once, I wish JustOnce would refrain from making one of his shitty threads. Yeah, Herb ruined Ben’s career by giving him a win. Lmfao.

I think the lovefest for Herb Dean ended YEARS ago, generally. He makes constant mistakes, he is very inconsistent, early stoppags, then late stoppages, ignoring illegal fouls by UFC-favorite-fighters etc......-- some of his judgment seems clearly to be biased towards What He Knows The UFC Would Prefer.

If you remember, I guess more than a decade ago, Herb Dean made a pretty messed up call standing up GG and Crocop when GG was pounding CC's face in with hellbows, and then CC got RHKed in the most devastating knock out of all time in MMA. CC's visions were all blurry because he was getting smashed, but GG wouldn't have finished CC in his guard like he did. CC might have been able to get his gatherings back on the ground, but Herb for god knows what reason stood them up. I believe CC had to get a surgery because his leg was all twisted up getting unconscious and falling down, and you know, taht is career altering knock out right there.

Just like that, when it looks like it should have done a fighter a favour, Herb Dean screwed up another man's career. Herb Dean's terrible. He shouldn't have stopped the fight against Lawler obviously, but the kicker is, I believe Ben would have won that fight handidly. You can say all you want about Ben, but he's a world class wrestler and got a ton of heart and cardio. When someone goes ape shit to finish someone in the first round, it does some for someone's cardio and right away Ben was able to take lawler down as well.

I know lot of people thought Maia would get wrestlefucked by Ben. I thought he was the hardest match up for him. Masvidal, Masvidal is a journeyman who only had the hail mary chance, and it only took the fastest ko of the UFC history to win the fight. Lawler hasn't looked good in ages since...well some say it coincides with the USADA, but who knows right?

Ben looks god awful in the stand up. But very few people can stop his takedowns. If you followed Jorge's career, you know how bad he is. He's not very good at all. Lima is much much better than Jorge, and Ben literally molested him in their primes.

I think some blame should fall of Herb here. If Herb made the right decision instead of making excuses after, he obviously thought he fucked up right after, and let the fight go on, Ben should have been able to get the credit for coming back and winning in a possible fight of the night honor.
But now people thinks he lost three fights in a row instead. If you ask anyone, Ben was in a better spot than Lawlor was. Lawlor gave everything he had, still couldn't finish, and still got taken down in the same round, pinned against the cage.

Cliffs needed

tenor.gif

Like who? I’m not talking bush leagues
Andrew Glenn was that bad 2 weeks ago he was pulled from the fucking card and replaced by Herb after 1 fight, then you have the shit ref OG's like Cecil Peoples, Mazzagatti and Yamasaki

Are you saying Herb Dean ruined Lawler's career or Askren's?

You lost me at "a lot of people thought Maia would get wrestlefucked by Ben." Who? Morons?

Came here to say TL/DR
Ridicously long post wtf

Ask the fighters..they all say he is the best ref around. They all make mistakes period. Robbie was out, the commentators even thought so and were saying he was when the arm dropped lifelessly. Mirco lost that fight because he was not used to the elbows and it cost him. He said so himself. Ironically he got his revenge with elbows from the to . Herb making 3 or 4 bad calls when being ref in thousands of fights is really not bad. It's a great percentage. After the robbie fight, robbie said herb is the best ref btw..which since big John stopped, he is.

Dont you dare put any blame on Herb.
B3088F2B-80E1-4929-AB4C-6DC487496E6A.jpeg
he is a great singer.

Herb is nowhere near the worst ref ever, there has been and currently is far worse than him
He is hands down the undisputed worse and his biggest fuckups are during main events, it's not even debatable anymore. The last years he's been especially bad.

You think ben was thw victim of the bad call lmao

WHAT....

One person and one person got fucked in that fight and it was robbie lawler...

Lawler was never out and was never going out..

Dont at me with gracie videos about how the choke works i seen all those..gracies show the proper form and technique to finish from there..its far from the position askren had..hell half of askrens arm was on lawler mouth for fuck sakes..

Lawler got shafted but it is what it is and karma corrected everything out..with the masvidal and maia loses

Cut ben immediately bring back DJ plz

Back