Herb Dean once again screwed up another fighter's career

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
If you remember, I guess more than a decade ago, Herb Dean made a pretty messed up call standing up GG and Crocop when GG was pounding CC's face in with hellbows, and then CC got RHKed in the most devastating knock out of all time in MMA. CC's visions were all blurry because he was getting smashed, but GG wouldn't have finished CC in his guard like he did. CC might have been able to get his gatherings back on the ground, but Herb for god knows what reason stood them up. I believe CC had to get a surgery because his leg was all twisted up getting unconscious and falling down, and you know, taht is career altering knock out right there.

Just like that, when it looks like it should have done a fighter a favour, Herb Dean screwed up another man's career. Herb Dean's terrible. He shouldn't have stopped the fight against Lawler obviously, but the kicker is, I believe Ben would have won that fight handidly. You can say all you want about Ben, but he's a world class wrestler and got a ton of heart and cardio. When someone goes ape shit to finish someone in the first round, it does some for someone's cardio and right away Ben was able to take lawler down as well.

I know lot of people thought Maia would get wrestlefucked by Ben. I thought he was the hardest match up for him. Masvidal, Masvidal is a journeyman who only had the hail mary chance, and it only took the fastest ko of the UFC history to win the fight. Lawler hasn't looked good in ages since...well some say it coincides with the USADA, but who knows right?

Ben looks god awful in the stand up. But very few people can stop his takedowns. If you followed Jorge's career, you know how bad he is. He's not very good at all. Lima is much much better than Jorge, and Ben literally molested him in their primes.

I think some blame should fall of Herb here. If Herb made the right decision instead of making excuses after, he obviously thought he fucked up right after, and let the fight go on, Ben should have been able to get the credit for coming back and winning in a possible fight of the night honor.
But now people thinks he lost three fights in a row instead. If you ask anyone, Ben was in a better spot than Lawlor was. Lawlor gave everything he had, still couldn't finish, and still got taken down in the same round, pinned against the cage.

I don't understand what the love fest for Herb Dean is about really.

Ben was scary mofo in his prime. And it has nothing to do with lesser competition. I don't think he should have went to ONEfc fighting scrubs, but I think Minakov is making the same mistake that Ben is making.

The only thing worse than Herb Dean's bad ref calls which can generally be chalked up to human error is your unnecessarily shitty posts

The only thing worse than Herb Dean's bad ref calls which can generally be chalked up to human error is your unnecessarily shitty posts

Takes a brain to appreciate art, son.

tenor.gif

If you remember, I guess more than a decade ago, Herb Dean made a pretty messed up call standing up GG and Crocop when GG was pounding CC's face in with hellbows, and then CC got RHKed in the most devastating knock out of all time in MMA. CC's visions were all blurry because he was getting smashed, but GG wouldn't have finished CC in his guard like he did. CC might have been able to get his gatherings back on the ground, but Herb for god knows what reason stood them up. I believe CC had to get a surgery because his leg was all twisted up getting unconscious and falling down, and you know, taht is career altering knock out right there.

Just like that, when it looks like it should have done a fighter a favour, Herb Dean screwed up another man's career. Herb Dean's terrible. He shouldn't have stopped the fight against Lawler obviously, but the kicker is, I believe Ben would have won that fight handidly. You can say all you want about Ben, but he's a world class wrestler and got a ton of heart and cardio. When someone goes ape shit to finish someone in the first round, it does some for someone's cardio and right away Ben was able to take lawler down as well.

I know lot of people thought Maia would get wrestlefucked by Ben. I thought he was the hardest match up for him. Masvidal, Masvidal is a journeyman who only had the hail mary chance, and it only took the fastest ko of the UFC history to win the fight. Lawler hasn't looked good in ages since...well some say it coincides with the USADA, but who knows right?

Ben looks god awful in the stand up. But very few people can stop his takedowns. If you followed Jorge's career, you know how bad he is. He's not very good at all. Lima is much much better than Jorge, and Ben literally molested him in their primes.

I think some blame should fall of Herb here. If Herb made the right decision instead of making excuses after, he obviously thought he fucked up right after, and let the fight go on, Ben should have been able to get the credit for coming back and winning in a possible fight of the night honor.
But now people thinks he lost three fights in a row instead. If you ask anyone, Ben was in a better spot than Lawlor was. Lawlor gave everything he had, still couldn't finish, and still got taken down in the same round, pinned against the cage.

When did Askren fight Tom Lawlor?

You right dawg let's bring back Kim Winslow.

tenor.gif

Herb sucks but you lost me TS

See there is how I know you are a dumbass.
Lima was not in his prime. Lima is in his prime NOW. I don't even believe he was at ATT at the time of him fighting ben and he self admits he wasn't actively wrestling for fights during his first bellator champ run.

Masvidal is good. He's very good infact. You claim to be a huge pride fan and or at least imply it with your posts but leave out the fact that Masvidal knocked out Kitaoka the same year he tapped out takanori gomi.

Masvidal has some of the best boxing in MMA to date. He has shown a crazy versatile amount of weapons and footwork to get him where he is. If you had any technical understanding of striking you would know that Masvidal is very good and that Lima at the time of fighting askren was not 1/10th of the guy who just took 4 out of 5 rounds away from Rory fucking Macdonald.

See there is how I know you are a dumbass.
Lima was not in his prime. Lima is in his prime NOW. I don't even believe he was at ATT at the time of him fighting ben and he self admits he wasn't actively wrestling for fights during his first bellator champ run.

Masvidal is good. He's very good infact. You claim to be a huge pride fan and or at least imply it with your posts but leave out the fact that Masvidal knocked out Kitaoka the same year he tapped out takanori gomi.

Masvidal has some of the best boxing in MMA to date. He has shown a crazy versatile amount of weapons and footwork to get him where he is. If you had any technical understanding of striking you would know that Masvidal is very good and that Lima at the time of fighting askren was not 1/10th of the guy who just took 4 out of 5 rounds away from Rory fucking Macdonald.

Yeah Gomi was losing to Golyaev. Not a big deal. Masvidal got outboxed by Bang, the korean, and robbed him. and Got finished as well by another guy. Masvidal is terrible. Not even comparable to Lima.

I think fight finders can only do you so much.

Worst Thread of the day. Get over it. Ben lost because he is horrible. If u think Jorge is bad, Ben must be dog shit to u. Ben got knocked out in less than 5 seconds. Bens fans are by far the saltiest humans beings in MMA. And If you think Lima was in his prime against Ben ur lost in the sauce buddy.

One thing I commend Askren for is he never makes up lame excuses. He says it like it is. If Ben is not blaming anyone but himself then why the heck are you trying to blame Herb Dean for Ben's downfall? What the heck?

Yeah Gomi was losing to Golyaev. Not a big deal. Masvidal got outboxed by Bang, the korean, and robbed him. and Got finished as well by another guy. Masvidal is terrible. Not even comparable to Lima.

I think fight finders can only do you so much.
Golyaev's win was a bad split dec last time I checked which is why he got the Kitaoka fight anyway. Kitaoka was the first person in 3 years to finish gomi and gomi never ended up rebeating him.
If you wanna argue him robbing Korean cowboy than thats on you. Also everyone knows that finish was awful and just due to Japan's (atleast at that time) trigger happy tendency to call fights.

If you look at Masvidal's boxing and think he's terrible you are blind.

OP thinks Gonzaga had no chance of finishing Crocop on the ground? I didn't read the rest

what is the point that your are trying to get across? Ben put out Robbie, got ko'ed and submitted,.. how is any of that Herb's doing?

Back