Herb Dean is corrupt

Got a gif of the mouthpiece stoppage?

I could semi-understand your premise, then you mentioned that Herb Dean didn't stop Dillashaw/Garbrandt because he wanted a trilogy.

Not sure if serious dude.

This came up the other day.

For all of his faults, Dean isn't anywhere near the worst ref in the sport.

If you want to see really bad officiating, watch regional MMA.

I dunno if I'd call that a bad one. That dude on the ground didn't seem to wanna get up. Ref called it off after he seemingly gave up.

I could semi-understand your premise, then you mentioned that Herb Dean didn't stop Dillashaw/Garbrandt because he wanted a trilogy.

Not sure if serious dude.
lol go rewatch that finish with a critical eye now, it could've been stopped waaaaay earlier. herb dean was giving garbrandt the best chance to recover because it was in the UFCs best interest to create a trilogy between them.

in the end the referee can't literally decide who wins but he can definitely be lenient towards one fighter

lol go rewatch that finish with a critical eye now, it could've been stopped waaaaay earlier. herb dean was giving garbrandt the best chance to recover because it was in the UFCs best interest to create a trilogy between them.

in the end the referee can't literally decide who wins but he can definitely be lenient towards one fighter
Could you ever think that he was trying to give Cody a chance seeming as it was a title fight?

How about the fact that Cody was actually still standing when it was called off?

It appears that people pick and choose when to be annoyed with a stoppage. I thought the stoppage was fine, maybe 1 or 2 strikes too late, but in the heat of battle that is forgivable. People said that Aldo/Moicano was a controversial stoppage, to me that is insane because just like Cody he was in all sorts of trouble, 2-3 more strikes and he could have been out cold.

Weidman vs Rockhold is another one, Should have stopped that fight in rd 3.

Could you ever think that he was trying to give Cody a chance seeming as it was a title fight?

How about the fact that Cody was actually still standing when it was called off?

It appears that people pick and choose when to be annoyed with a stoppage. I thought the stoppage was fine, maybe 1 or 2 strikes too late, but in the heat of battle that is forgivable. People said that Aldo/Moicano was a controversial stoppage, to me that is insane because just like Cody he was in all sorts of trouble, 2-3 more strikes and he could have been out cold.
if i recall correctly tj dropped him with a right hook then threw about 50 unanswered punches to cody on the ground before he got up and kneed him in the face - that still wasn't enough to stop the fight he had to punch him 3 more times in the head before herb dean decided to jump in. title fight or not, it seemed excessive.

look personally to me, i'd love it if all fights were stopped like that. i can't stand early stoppages but they're not usually left that long and there is a reason why herb dean would allow it.

obviously i can't prove it and obviously you won't be convinced by anything i say so let's just agree to disagree.

Considering that whether a fight should be allowed to go on or be stopped is completely subjective, it's a tough job. Israel wasn't wobbled though, I think Herb genuinely thought a mouthpiece fell out.

Also, if the Cody fight was stopped earlier people and Cody would have complained.

I dunno if I'd call that a bad one. That dude on the ground didn't seem to wanna get up. Ref called it off after he seemingly gave up.

Did we watch the same clip?

It was clear that dude was done when he hit the ground. Sherman had been beating up his leg for the duration of the fight.

You can also clearly see that Sherman is confused and angry that the ref won't end the fight.

Who remembers when he almost let Waldburger die against Pyle?

even herb dont even know the rules...

LimpBiodegradableEsok-size_restricted.gif

if i recall correctly tj dropped him with a right hook then threw about 50 unanswered punches to cody on the ground before he got up and kneed him in the face - that still wasn't enough to stop the fight he had to punch him 3 more times in the head before herb dean decided to jump in. title fight or not, it seemed excessive.

look personally to me, i'd love it if all fights were stopped like that. i can't stand early stoppages but they're not usually left that long and there is a reason why herb dean would allow it.

obviously i can't prove it and obviously you won't be convinced by anything i say so let's just agree to disagree.
I want it 2 punches too long rather than 2 punches too soon.

Terrific find!

Also lol @ that trademarking on the Octagon.
Can you believe that there are photographers at an event like that? Who wants a still photo of Herb Dean fighting a short fat kid with his t-shirt on because he's shy about his titties.

And lol, talk about a low single!

Back