Henry will be a tough tough test for TJ if Henry fights smart

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Henry is a natural 135’er. I don’t think he or anyone in his camp is worried about TJ’s condition. Henry is strong, quick and counters well. Has a chin also. Henry can run with TJ and if he takes him down it’s a whole new ballgame. TJ can be hit and Henry has some snap in his shots. Should be a thriller. But expect Henry to wrestle all fight long......

Huge win for TJ if he pulls it off.

I'd argue he is ahead of DJ if he puts Cejudo away.

Henry isn't a grappling wizard, won't be able to anything against tj on the ground besides trying to hold him down.

Henry isn't a grappling wizard, won't be able to anything against tj on the ground besides trying to hold him down.
And that will be good enough to wear TJ down. Regardless of how scientific the weight cut was - it's something he has not done in how long?

i'm sure he'll be strong for a round or two but it will eventually show. Henry just needs to game plan it and make TJ work defending takedown, getting back up, clinching, etc.

And that will be good enough to wear TJ down. Regardless of how scientific the weight cut was - it's something he has not done in how long?

i'm sure he'll be strong for a round or two but it will eventually show. Henry just needs to game plan it and make TJ work defending takedown, getting back up, clinching, etc.
"Just needs to"..... Like avoiding getting lit up by TJ is some easy feat.

Maybe if he puts him away as quickly and devastatingly as DJ did.
Losing by split decision equals putting him away?

We're not pretending the cejudo that fought DJ in the first fight is even close to the same one he fought in the rematch?

TJ would have wrecked that Cejudo.

We're not pretending the cejudo that fought DJ in the first fight is even close to the same one he fought in the rematch?

We're not. That's why it will put him ahead of DJ if he can pull it off.

"Just needs to"..... Like avoiding getting lit up by TJ is some easy feat.
TJ is very hittable and he was able to takedown the p4p #1 MM so it is do able.

Too many people thinking TJ is some sort of MMA Lomachenko because of a few clips of him sparring with Vasyl.

He won't be as durable at 125 especially if the fight goes past the 1st and his first time making that weight.

TJ has plenty of time to recover from the cut, and it's not like Cejudo didn't also have a rough cut. TJ is too good and dynamic of a striker to lose to someone with less technique and reach.

I’m positive TJ will win fairly easy

What I’m mainly curious about is his post fight speech

Will he

A) tell Dana to keep flyweight?

B) stick with the whole I’m here to kill the flyweight division/I just killed the flyweight division thing

I’m positive TJ will win fairly easy

What I’m mainly curious about is his post fight speech

Will he

A) tell Dana to keep flyweight?

B) stick with the whole I’m here to kill the flyweight division/I just killed the flyweight division thing

Kind of hope he goes full heel

TJ is very hittable and he was able to takedown the p4p #1 MM so it is do able.

Too many people thinking TJ is some sort of MMA Lomachenko because of a few clips of him sparring with Vasyl.

He won't be as durable at 125 especially if the fight goes past the 1st and his first time making that weight.
I never said anything about TJ being on another level.
You're the one acting like MM and Cejudo are way better than TJ.....

Last I checked Cejudo is very hittable too....

Henry is a natural 135’er.

Cejudo fights at about 141lbs at 125. TJ 150lbs at 135.

Depends what you mean by "natural 135er".

Do you really expect Henry to be weighing 8-9 lbs more against TJ than he usually does?

Back