Henry vs TJ

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Did not see a thread about this so sorry if this was posted. Do you actually give Henry a chance? I do think he's a better wrestler but after the last fight, TJ has superb boxing, along with his already tricky movement. How do you see this going?

There's a reason MM ducked TJ so hard even when TJ was going to move down to 125lbs to fight him. Not sure how the fight will go at 125lbs since I've never seen TJ perform at that weight but TJ outclasses him at 135lbs.

TJ has been finished by a flyweight before. It wouldn't be the craziest thing we've seen.

TJ has been finished by a flyweight before. It wouldn't be the craziest thing we've seen.
orig

Henry Cejudo Is pretty underrated.

His striking / boxing has come a long way himself. His wrestling is amazing.

I could see him doing well against TJ, maybe even winning.

Def wouldn't sleep on him

TJ is amazing. I feel that hes reached a level of fighter that we have rarely seen in MMA. Having said that, I think TJ might be a better match up for Henry than DJ was. Henry had problems getting his hands on DJ and when he got his hands on him he had trouble keeping his hands on him. That's because A. DJ is tiny. He has a very small frame. and B. DJ is incredibly fast and quick-twitchy. Every movement executed by DJ is done with maximum speed and he can fire off multiple movements in rapid succession. It s hard to hit a guy like this and hard to grapple/wrestle a guy like this. So all that considered, Henry did an outstanding job.

TJ, while incredibly skilled and well-rounded, is bigger than DJ and not as quick. Sure TJ has great movement and timing, and he can pull the trigger quickly, but he doesn't have that same kind of speed that DJ has. There is also other factors in TJ's style that may allow Henry to beat him. TJ has extreme confidence and a desire to finish. Because of this, TJ will engage Henry in close quarters more than DJ did in the rematch, he will evade Henry less, and Henry will have more chances to wrestle and land punches in close.

Its a very tough fight for Henry to win but he certainly has a decent chance (At least).

Back