Henry Cejudo's last 3 fights

Thats right up there with any three wins.

Bet there are a few young folks who don’t know.

Yeah anyone who started following in the past 10 years probably wouldn't even know who Arona was other than a meme that apparently surfs.

They don't know the shitty low hands, monstrous leg kicking, LNP machine Arona.

He got outstruck by dj in 2nd fight i dont see how he beat him

Whittaker's wins against Jacare and Yoel back-to-back is the best IMO. Yoel annihilated everyone in the division except for Jacare (close decision), and Whittaker dominated Jacare.

Stipe had a nice run

Hunt TKO 5
Arlovski KO1
Werdum KO1 *
Reem KO1 *
JDS KO1 *
Ngannou UD *

Because the award was given for the best in 2018.
The espy covers the time frame from one award show to the next. It's not just for 2018. Therefore, Henry and Amanda were robbed.

The espy covers the time frame from one award show to the next. It's not just for 2018. Therefore, Henry and Amanda were robbed.
The voting probably ended before June so Cejudo's case most likely got hurt a bit from that.

As far as Amanda goes there's no way she has a better case than Daniel Cormier for me so.

Sounds great on paper, but falls apart under minimal observation. Debatable decision against MM (could have gone either way), a win against a guy who looked like a reanimated corpse at the weigh-ins and a very decent win against Moraes. Plenty of better streaks in MMA and hmmmm I don't care about belts. These title shots are getting ridiculous because people like shiny things and if a fight is a title fight, people get excited, it's easier to promote "champions" etc. Don't get me wrong, boxing and MMA have always been a mix of show business and real sports, but the UFC is making it more like pro wrestling by the day. Unless someone cleans out a division (there are special circumstances under which you might not fight 1-2 guys because of injury or because they piss hot), I don't care about their stupid belt because on a particular night they beat the champ or a contender in this case. The whole point of being a champion is being able to beat different opponents of different styles on multiple occasions...anyone can win in 1-2 fights.

Cejudo is a cringe king. Props to him for embracing the fact that he's a small man, but he's definitely compensating for something with this obnoxious behavior. I won't say his 135 belt is as legitimate as a happy meal toy but there are interim belts with more legitimacy. Anyway, the whole situation is ridiculous :D.

"A very decent win against Moraes"

Thats where you showed your bias. Going up a weightclass to fight the boogeyman of that division, and decisively whoop his ass, is a lot more than just "very decent".

July 10th 2018 - July 10th 2019. You have the Cyborg/Holly wins vs the Stipe/Lewis wins. They're interchangeable. But Henry's run trumps all.

"A very decent win against Moraes"

Thats where you showed your bias. Going up a weightclass to fight the boogeyman of that division, and decisively whoop his ass, is a lot more than just "very decent".
Nah, just very decent. Good day to you.

Demetrious Johnson, TJ Dillashaw, Marlon Moraes.

Dethroned p4p great Mighty Mouse, Defended/Dethroned against p4p great TJ, Won vacant (defended belt he won from TJ) against the guy nobody wanted to face and consenus #1 challenger behind TJ

Has there ever been a more impressive 3 fight win streak in UFC history?

Won a questionable decision against MM, beat a drained as fuck TJ, and beat Marlon who never fought for the title before and gassed.

Very very good wins, but not nearly as impressive when you really look at it. Not taking anything away from him, but I don't see it is THAT special.

Back