Henry Cejudo thinks Jake Paul beats Tyron Woodley.

So Jake Paul has cardio an more then an overhand right himself? Tyron dropped Till, Lawler, went 10 rds with Wonderboy, an hurt Luque. All those guys would murder Jake in boxing.

Cejudo has points but is acting like Jake is actually good at boxing an not just punching

Prime Woodley would likely beat him.

Current Woodley is too gunshy.

And that annoying fucker is not that horrible of a boxer. He is clearly untested against actual BOXERS, but he has actually been training boxing specifically for several years.

and he is young. Woodley is old for a fighter.

you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks.

Prime Woodley would likely beat him.

Current Woodley is too gunshy.

And that annoying fucker is not that horrible of a boxer. He is clearly untested against actual BOXERS, but he has actually been trained boxing specifically for several years.
He wasn't gun shy vs Luque. If Nate Robinson lasted as long as he did, Jake is NOT a good boxer

Jeez. Jake Paul is like the only chick and the prom. Every dude wants a piece. This is just embarrassing. Ufc basically showcasing to the world that fighters would make more money against a guy with two fight. Just embarrassing.

He wasn't gun shy vs Luque. If Nate Robinson lasted as long as he did, Jake is NOT a good boxer
I never said he was a good boxer.

read it again.

Ps- Woodley got stopped by Luque, after being badly rocked several times. so that didn’t exactly work out for him.

Tyron is too short. Jake Paul is actually a pretty big kid. Muscles are less important in striking. Why not just send Anderson to do the job? He is old enough to get knocked out but he can still put on a show.

Someone should put him in a box and close the lid or something.

Woodley has power for days, but that's it. It honestly wouldn't surprise me

Paul and Woodley. Two guys with only a right hand. Great
But, sadly, one of them has better setups. I mean TW doesn't really even try to jab. He paws predictably and then unloads. I can't see that working against any half decent hobbyist boxer. It's a good way to get countered, though.

The saddest thing is that people actually care about this. I had no idea who Jake Paul was and still don't care. If he wants to be a boxer, fight some boxers. Otherwise he's just another freak show.

isn't Henry Cejudo a little small to be telling bigger taller men who they should fight?
not like Henry can fight jake....
shrugs

The Paul's are basically chickenshits. They only want to box but they're only calling up MMA fighters. It's like if there were youtube basketball stars calling out nothing but former NFL players to play a game of 1 on 1.

Henry is annoying, but I wonder what other fighters think of the match up. Among boxing sites, it’s being rumored that this matchup is being discussed currently to happen later this year if the cards line up right.

I couldn’t really follow Henry’s chain of logic (just record again until you deliver your thoughts coherently), but I honestly don’t think the conclusion itself is crazy at all.

Paul is larger than UFC welterweights. Woodley isn’t a big welterweight either, he’s ripped but look at the Usman fight.

And Woodley clearly has issues pulling the trigger and staying busy. He has a big overhand (in theory), but once he’s in boxing gloves are we sure he hits harder than Paul? I’m not sure, I’ll leave it at that.

Askren said after the Usman loss that Tyron’s problem was the same problem he always has. Askren put it nicely, something like he lets the perfect be the enemy of the good. But another way to say it is that he can be a deer in headlights. Say what you want about Jake Paul, but that’s not a guy you want to be a deer in headlights against.

Can Tyron win, of course. If he fights his best he’s the superior athlete and he might be landing shots in bunches before Paul knows what hit him. So far Paul hasn’t fought anyone with actual punching power, so he’s been free to come forward and throw bombs. Who the hell knows how he’ll fare in an actual battle.

But Woodley hasn’t hurt anyone standing in MMA (where he has very small gloves and a serious takedown threat), or even landed a nice combination frankly, since the Till fight (though maybe I’m shortchanging the Luque fight, where he did try to bring it). Even Till, while dropped with a big shot, was not badly hurt. Tyron did hurt Wonderboy fairly badly in each fight (only once though and very late each time) after his corner begged him to get active and he finally listened. But the last guy he genuinely separated from the fight with a punch was Robbie Lawler.

Whoever carries the banner of “real MMA striker here to stop the circus” into the ring against Jake needs to be mentally bulletproof. I don’t want a half retired Tyron to walk in there nervy, back against the ropes like he always does in the cage, and start eating bombs. Paul is big, probably on gear, and is ultimately a pretty good athlete who hits hard.

All that said, not sure Woodley is the ideal fight for Paul. Not a massive star and he’s in theory dangerous. Should be able to pick a fight closer to the Askren situation. Like Jones, if he’s gonna lose his 0 he’s gonna want to maximize his comp first.

By the way, it’s amazing how awkward Henry is. As bad as Colby sucks at he’s he’s got a coherent identity. WTF is motivation Monday? Strange label to throw on a segment that ends in a really poor pro wrestling promo. Just a weird dude.

I respect Paul's hustle but until he boxes a boxer gets in the octagon with an MMA fighter he is just scamming casuals. By all means, get that money but I won't watch.

I think he would beat Woodley though. Just another wrestling focused MMA fighter with a name. Easy pickings.

Back