Henry Cejudo thinks Jake Paul beats Tyron Woodley.

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Henry is annoying, but I wonder what other fighters think of the match up. Among boxing sites, it’s being rumored that this matchup is being discussed currently to happen later this year if the cards line up right.

Triple C says that Woodley with all that muscle, is more geared towards grappling... and only has an overhand right when it comes to striking (albeit a very powerful one).

I can't disagree with that.

Jake Paul took MMA's man card and spit on it
it really is an interesting time for this stuff to happen. It feels like the UFC has become more niche with all it's superstars retiring, aging out, or losing. Wonder if MMA is gonna take a knock from this.

I mean....he might not be wrong. We've seen K1 strikers get outstruck in MMA. Could easily see a UFC striker get outboxed in boxing.

no troll i really think the YTber can win, he's taller and younger

it really is an interesting time for this stuff to happen. It feels like the UFC has become more niche with all it's superstars retiring, aging out, or losing. Wonder if MMA is gonna take a knock from this.

I'd argue the opposite is true. The last few years the UFC seems to much more on the mainstream radar, especially being the only major US sport to put on events through a big chunk of 2020.

Paul is savvy enough to realize this and is building his rep as a boxing star beating UFC tough guys who are primarily grapplers, shot, and smaller than him. He'll beat Tyron or someone similar and his hype will go through the roof. Hardcore boxing and MMA fans won't buy it, but everyone else will.

I'd argue the opposite is true. The last few years the UFC seems to much more on the mainstream radar, especially being the only major US sport to put on events through a big chunk of 2020.

Paul is savvy enough to realize this and is building his rep as a boxing star beating UFC tough guys who are primarily grapplers, shot, and smaller than him. He'll beat Tyron or someone similar and his hype will go through the roof. Hardcore boxing and MMA fans won't buy it, but everyone else will.
Yeah, I guess I meant more a little pre-pandemic. We'll see if this holds as regulations loosen. But entirely agreed on the other front.

Well it shouldn't be surprising if Woodley lost. He's not a boxer and doesn't have good boxing even by MMA standards.
And on top of that, he's not even the same guy that knocked out robbie lawler. Too many miles and years on him.

Cejudo trying to remain relevant any way he can.

Back