News Henry Cejudo screaming pre-fight injury was real after all!

I mean....posting the photo rather than the photo of his trainer, holding the photo, wouldn't make it more or less credible. Maybe Henry didn't want the photo released to make a big deal about it, so he told his coach not to. but then he was asked, and on the fly decided to take out his phone and show it.

Coming off such an incredible win I have a hard time believing Henry or his coach were like "ok not good enough, we gotta do even more and make up some convincing shit about you fighting hurt"
If you think anyone in the fight game or any entertainment industry job goes "I'm already famous enough and don't need more exposure" I well... really don't know what to tell you man. These people all have publicists, managers and handlers whose entire income stream comes from making their clients more famous through media appearances, social media, adverts etc... (source: me; I manage musicians about 30 hr a week with social media followings of 10k-100k in size)

As I said, I can pull up dozens upon dozens of examples of fighters sharing pics of their injuries on instagram win or lose.

Seriously who takes photos of their fighters ankle and has them sitting around on their phone unless the goal is to publicize them later?

Last edited:
Are you genuinely comparing yourself to an Olympic gold medalist and double UFC champion? Or are you trolling. I had the same surgeries on my shoulders as a lot of UFC fighters and my shoulders are out of commission for the rest of my life, a UFC athlete is back in the octagon after 9 months with that surgery.
Are you genuinely comparing a 9 month professional athlete rehab regiment to a 48 hour swollen ankle? Or are you trolling?

Nobody is denying Cejudo is tough af or has great medical care. He is saying that the way the photo appears, without context, would be far too dehibilating to physically have the human ankle return to a normal enough level that one could dance around the octagon and look good in a fight against Marlon Moraes. Nobody is even hating on Cejudo. It's pretty simple: we're saying the coach is hyping it up with a pretty shitty photo that makes his ankle look really bad.

Are you genuinely comparing a 9 month professional athlete rehab regiment to a 48 hour swollen ankle? Or are you trolling?

Nobody is denying Cejudo is tough af or has great medical care. He is saying that the way the photo appears, without context, would be far too dehibilating to physically have the human ankle return to a normal enough level that one could dance around the octagon and look good in a fight against Marlon Moraes. Nobody is even hating on Cejudo. It's pretty simple: we're saying the coach is hyping it up with a pretty shitty photo that makes his ankle look really bad.
Hold up let me call henry....hello henry some fat guy on the internet thinks you faked an injury after you won the belt.

Hold up let me call henry....hello henry some fat guy on the internet thinks you faked an injury after you won the belt.
What's with you repeatedly calling me fat? And jesus christ you're so bad at reading. Try again. I (a fit tall guy) tried as hard as possible to make it clear I wasn't even talking about Henry, rather his coach, but you still couldn't get the point. Best of luck improving your reading and thinking skills as your existence carries onward.

No, I'm saying you need better context for what the fuck happened. That's all. Jesus christ. How long have you been watching combat sports? Trainers and coaches spew whatever helps get their fighter publicity and good light ALL THE TIME. If this was some brazilian guy half of you would be like "typical post fight injury excuse!" Would I have been a schizophrenic for accusing Duke Rufous of a machiavellian lie that CM Punk was gonna "surprise people" too? This is a sport built around convincing millions of people to care enough about you to buy a PPV to watch you hit another man, not a church confessional. It's infamous for being filled with liars, embellishers and conmen.

Could he have injured his ankle to some degree? Sure, but again we don't know shit about it beyond "yo we didn't say anything but weeks later my totally bias coach has a random zoomed in pic on his phone and no context" I'm arguing with the OP because he is claiming the post is "3rd party confirmation", not that I'm saying it's 100% false that Cejudo had injuries going into the fight.

I mean in terms of journalism this is so amateur hour. Like...youre standing there in 2019 as a reporter and some coach is like "yo can you take a photo of me holding up this blurry photo?"
Why not just send him the actual photo to report on it and publish? Why take a photo of a photo as held up from far away by their trainer? So odd.
Too long.

They probably injected some sort of numbing solution into his ankle so he wouldn't feel the pain before the fight.

Yeh I call bs.

I had a sprained ankle like that once and you literally have to crawl around.

Not a Cejudo fan anymore fucking liar.

Comparing your pain threshold to that of an Olympic gold medalist, 2 Weight UFC belt holder? This may be hard to believe, but not everybody is as soft as you. Back to the Xbox you go

<JerryWWF>

Yeh I call bs.

I had a sprained ankle like that once and you literally have to crawl around.

Not a Cejudo fan anymore fucking liar.
After the fight in *i think* thrill and agony...shows him backstage and some random guy holding that ankle covering it from camera

Hmmmmm

Would I have been a schizophrenic for accusing Duke Rufous of a machiavellian lie that CM Punk was gonna "surprise people" too?
That was no lie. I think everyone was surprised by how poorly Punk did in both his fights.

After the fight in *i think* thrill and agony...shows him backstage and some random guy holding that ankle covering it from camera

Hmmmmm
Hiding it as in covering an injuryt or covering up the myth?

Hmmmmm
The conspiracy of Henry injury lol

Ive had a really bad ankle roll before but holy shit that looks horrible

Hiding it as in covering an injuryt or covering up the myth?
The conspiracy of Henry injury lol
I don't know

Not really subscribing to any theory....just saying i immediately thought "hm that's funny" and then someone else's skepticism gave me confidence to share haha

First of all...
If anybody believes Eric Albaraccin they need to be checked out. That guy is a disgusting fame and attention whore. Not to mention a fuckin kook.
That could be anyone’s ankle.

Back