Henry Cejudo might vacate FW title to move BW, may take a break from UFC if not paid ‘like a legend'

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“Eventually I do have to leave a belt,” Cejudo told ESPN. “It’s stressful having to hold up two weight divisions. I don’t want that stress on me. So I am gonna have to choose and both weight classes... 135 seems more appetizing to be quite honest with you. There’s just more color, you don’t have to cut as much weight, but there is a loss on my record against Joe and that stings a little bit.”

“I’ve got two belts. I know what Daniel (Cormier) makes. I don’t want to get into it because it’s a conversation I’m gonna have to have with my boss and the organization,” Cejudo continued. “I’m a legend man, and I’ve got to start hitting those numbers like a legend. My legacy is written and it’s still being written. To say, at least, I want a number. I want a number and there’s options in there for me. Take a break from the sport...”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Moment he ;eaves the division, is the moment Uncle Dana sweeps it under the rug and pretends it never existed

"legend"

source.gif

No leverage down there at those weight classes.

You can take that figuratively or literally.

Defend flyweight title one more time against Benavidez then relinquish. Cejudo vs Edgar, Yan, Cruz, Faber sound very exciting.

Do these MMA fighters not understand simple economics principles?

There is no conspiracy or evil plan to underpay them. If they were worth what they think they're worth, the UFC would pay them it.

Would be hilarious if JoeB beat him again. Completely kill everything he created the last year.

There is no conspiracy or evil plan to underpay them. If they were worth what they think they're worth, the UFC would pay them it.

Are you dumb? Look at boxers.. even when they don’t sell as many ppvs as MMA fighters. They get paid about 5 times as much. They’re worth about 5x as much as what the UFC currently pays them and Henry isnt even asking for that much.. good for him.

Good on him.

Don't go out there risking your health if you don't feel you're being paid your worth. Easy for keyboard warriors to talk shit, they're not the ones out there risking it.

Are you dumb? Look at boxers.. even when they don’t sell as many ppvs as MMA fighters. They get paid about 5 times as much. They’re worth about 5x as much as what the UFC currently pays them and Henry isnt even asking for that much.. good for him.
Somehow there's more money in boxing. Not saying for boxers but boxing organization as a whole.

Consecutive wins over DJ, Dillashaw, and Moraes.

Nobody in MMA right now has faced a more difficult run.

Judges decision against Benavidez was b.s.

Cejudo won that.

He needs to move to 135 permanently.

Why doesn't he have a fight booked?

While 'taking a break' he'll earn nothing.
Genius move by the little guy.

The problem with Cejudos cringe is he actually seems to believe it. Its just an interest killer if someone is that delusional. Talking about himself as a "legend" :rolleyes:

He is a great fighter but wow he is the only one that manages to kill any interest I have in seing him as soon as he opens his mouth. Not Colby, not even Conor can manage that. Someone should really tell him to tone it down a bit what he thinks is his swag.

lmao they just won't ever get it man

All they view fighters as is rock'em sock'em robots just out there for their entertainment.

Cejudo had some baaad injuries for that Moraes fight that he fought through anyway not to ruin the card. He did the UFC a solid and he wants one back. I don't blame him.

He should be going after Dom Cruz's gig if he wants the big money.

Dana surely has an intern working on a PowerPoint on how this would be good for the ufc. Don’t do them any favors Cejudo.

The other "Legend" at flyweight

Reach for the stars bro.... We saw what happened when Mighty Mouse reached for em

jvxVe63.jpg

As a whole, ufc fighters are paid 10-15% of the company's total revenue as opposed to the nfl and nba which are almost at 50%...

Do you really think ufc fighters should just sit back and accept this as reality? They arent just worth what someone is willing to pay... you CAN be worth what someone MUST pay you or is FORCED to pay you... as often seen in other sports.

Back