Henry Cejudo has been training in MMA just as long as Greg Hardy

One is an Olympic medalist. Let that sink in

Didn't Hardy start training 2 years ago? That's what I keep hearing.

*Edit: I just researched it and Hardy started training for MMA in 2016. Ban TS for false information.

Wrestling isn't MMA. its an aspect of MMA. By that logic, We might as well have considered James Toney a veteran when he fought Randy

Going into MMA with no martial arts background isn't the same as going into MMA with a martial arts background.

Before the 2010s, "MMA experience" basically just referred to experience in wrestling, jiu-jitsu, boxing, etc. as one-dimensional arts.

Going into MMA with no martial arts background isn't the same as going into MMA with a martial arts background.

Before the 2010s, "MMA experience" basically just referred to experience in wrestling, jiu-jitsu, boxing, etc. as one-dimensional arts.
A-level athletes, though

Wrestling isn't MMA. its an aspect of MMA. By that logic, We might as well have considered James Toney a veteran when he fought Randy
Boxing as a base and wrestling as a base are not the same thing at all. Look at how many boxers in the early UFC events got molly whopped.

Well, he wasn't old as shit when he went to MMA. Obviously, spending the first 20 years of your life wrestling and being an Olympic gold medalist > Doing football and then going into fighting.

Greg Hardy started training MMA in 2016.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10...greg-hardy-transitioning-to-mma-preparing-for

Article written in October 2016, said: "Hardy, 28, who does not have an extensive martial arts background, has been training for several months in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and according to his team, several promotions have already expressed interest in signing him."

October - Several months still = 2016.

Wow my mind is blown TS...

I would never have guessed that Olympic wrestling was a better foundation for MMA than professional football....

Its impressive how successful Cejudo is for the amount of time he's been training in MMA as a whole.

Given his life long background of wrestling, and the fact that he won an olympic gold medal, it's not really surprising how good he is.

The comparison to Greg Hardy though, and this A level athlete myth, is fallacious at best and completely disingenuous.

Mat/ring/cage time is what matters more, not years spent. Ditto more quality and intentionality of the practice.

I've spent 20 years in and around martial arts. I probably have a quarter (max and probably lower) of mat/ring/cage time compared to a professional athlete, in much more relaxed settings.

Cejudo got his Olympic gold in wrestling while Hardy was busy beating his GF.
Let that sink in

I wish people looked into this. Hate the dude for what he did, but he's not some serial abuser. His "gf" attacked him, was drunk and coked out of her head, and stated she was going up there to "ruin his career". Not to mention, Hardy is the one who called 911 and she didn't "run out of the room screaming bloody murder" until she found out the cops were on the way. When she was supposed to be in court (she didn't show because Hardy paid her off) she was out skiing and wouldn't return any of the courts calls.

These aren't things I made up, these are the police reports. Now, again, hate him for taking it too far...which he BLATANTLY did...but she knew what she was doing, she put the trap out...and he fell right in. This does not excuse him at all, he's a giant and could've handled it a thousand different ways, but people hate him like he has this history of beating his women up because they didn't wash the dishes or something.

It aint right, but it also aint black and white

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back