Henry Cejudo doesn't think T.J. Dillashaw look healthy cutting down to flyweight

not long ago they instituted a "hydration test" kinda rule

a few fights have been pulled because of it

TJ must be doing ok

esHRHey.jpg
Is he losing hair because of the weight cut?

His chin won't hold up IMO.

Any decent nutritionist would not be involved in extreme weight cutting.

The majority of 'nutritionists' involved in extreme weight cutting are bro science meat heads and unscrupulous individuals making money off assisting fighters to just about avoid death.
Urban nutritionists

I'll be very interested to see TJ's official weight on fight day. i wonder how much of a water cut he's doing vs. just getting his muscle/fat weight down. i'm sure after the second or third round we'll see how much his cardio and speed were affected

Based on how skinny he looks, he's probably getting down to ~140-145 walk around weight. That's pretty much the target range you NEED to be in to fight at 125.

My guess is that TJ weighs about 142 in the octagon -- the same as Cejudo + DJ. However, he's going to lose a lot of his power and chin at that weight. I think Cejduo wins via KO.

Luke Thomas on photos of TJ making a death cut: "Well, he's not fat or anything."

When has Dillashaw ever been fat? Even at 135 he has always looked like skin directly over muscle. What educated student of the sport and its competitors ever, EVER thought that TJ might not be able to make 125 due to a lack of discipline: an inability to control his caloric intake or unwillingness to push the cardio training????

How the fuck does Thomas get so much work in this industry??

He's the Goldie of non commentary MMA Media. I think his appeal is actually that he's not very smart/doesn't think things through when talking about MMA. It doesn't appeal to me but it apparently appeals to some people.

Back