Henry Cejudo declares himself as a cash cow

Autocorrect is a funny thing.

Being “torpedoed in Bolivian” does have a nice ring to it. It’d be cool to make that into a common expression around here.

Sounds like a Joey Diaz mispronounciation (Stiopic, Khalabib), that actually works in a clever way.

Have you heard Cejudo talk before? The man is delusional. I don't doubt some healthy delusion is necessary to reach the feats he has. Cejudo is a cornball, similar to DC, but the man has earned everything he has. I'm not ready to clown on him because he misspoke. Obviously. He isn't a cash cow, but the man needs to have these views of himself to operate at such a high level.

It's already "saved", now he wants a second belt for his legacy. Nothing wrong with that.

When you combine his background...

"Cejudo is of Mexican descent. Both his parents were born in Mexico City, Mexico. He is one of seven children and raised by a single mother. His father was an alcoholic and drug addict.

Cejudo's parents were both illegal immigrants and he moved nearly 50 times as a child, traveling between California, New Mexico and Arizona. Cejudo also never slept alone in his own bed until he was provided one by USA Wrestling while participating in a residency program at the U.S. Olympic training facility."

... with his diminutive size, it's easy to see why a bit of delusion is necessary, and why he might be pretty darn impressed with himself for how far he's come.

Guys like him aren't supposed to amount to anything. He wasn't born into priviledge or given any genetic advantages, yet he's grinded and gutted his way to an Olympic gold medal and a UFC championship, and for all intents and purposes is a pretty decent, scandal-free guy outside the cage too.

Henry is the American dream, and he should be proud of himself.

tenor.gif

"Cejudo is of Mexican descent. Both his parents were born in Mexico City, Mexico. He is one of seven children and raised by a single mother. His father was an alcoholic and drug addict.

Cejudo's parents were both illegal immigrants and he moved nearly 50 times as a child, traveling between California, New Mexico and Arizona. Cejudo also never slept alone in his own bed until he was provided one by USA Wrestling while participating in a residency program at the U.S. Olympic training facility."

... with his diminutive size, it's easy to see why a bit of delusion is necessary, and why he might be pretty darn impressed with himself for how far he's come.

Guys like him aren't supposed to amount to anything. He wasn't born into priviledge or given any genetic advantages, yet he's grinded and gutted his way to an Olympic gold medal and a UFC championship, and for all intents and purposes is a pretty decent, scandal-free guy outside the cage too.

Couldn't have said it any better brother.

“Yo soy la vaca dinera?”

"vaca lechera" "gallina de huevos de oro"

Not direct translations, but they mean the same thing.

Very cool read
I have no issue with him pushing his chest out after the last 2 fights. If he don't ... who will?
I just hope he knows that he needs to draw before he he considered a draw

Very cool read
I have no issue with him pushing his chest out after the last 2 fights. If he don't ... who will?
I just hope he knows that he needs to draw before he he considered a draw

I think in a way, he's asking for the UFC/WME promotional machine to work with him and get behind him, and show him the support that they maybe didn't with DJ.

Perhaps, if they invest and trust him to do his bit by winning, staying controversy-free, but being a bit more of an outspoken personality than DJ was/is, he believes he can be a draw and a "cash cow".

I think in a way, he's asking for the UFC/WME promotional machine to work with him and get behind him, and show him the support that they maybe didn't with DJ.

Perhaps, if they invest and trust him to do his bit by winning, staying controversy-free, but being a bit more of an outspoken personality than DJ was/is, he believes he can be a draw and a "cash cow".

I was a big DJ fan, but they certainly tried with him.
They put him on bigger shows, then free on Fox & the last Fox card he main evented had ads declaring him P4P best.
people just didn't care & each fight he did less.

I think he is already bigger than DJ was

Slow your roll Hank. Even the P4P greatest ever was no cash cow at 125. Your division is a c-hair from being torpedoed into Bolivian, so let's get a few more fights going before we start talking cash cow, because if history serves, the CASH might not be there.

Good job though man. Props to you cash or no.
"..into Bolivian". You do know the expression is " into oblivion" right?

Guys like him aren't supposed to amount to anything. He wasn't born into priviledge or given any genetic advantages
I enjoyed your post bro, but he does have genetic advantages. He is very athletic.

"..into Bolivian". You do know the expression is " into oblivion" right?
Its an old Sherdog-ism. I would have thought with a 2008 join date you would have seen the expression before. You obviously haven't wasted enough of your life in these forums LOL.

Moraes is way better on the feet, he KOs TJ with a switch lead high kick. TJs ugly style and herky jerky footwork won't save him from the monster Moraes.

I wish he'd get that title shot already.

Wouldn’t call him a cash cow but now is the time for him to get a new deal done. Doesn’t the UFC want to have a Mexican superstar? Cejudo should get the push. He’s an Olympic gold medalist, he definitely has marketable qualities.

Due to the nature of the highly-debated stoppage, Dillashaw was quick to call for an immediate rematch, which “The Messenger” was all for. And during an appearance on “The Ariel Helwani MMA Show,” Cejudo reiterated his desire to run it back, though he did remind Dillashaw that after going down so quickly he has now lost all of his juice and he won’t get it back unless he gets revenge.

Cejudo’s preference would be to have the rematch take place at Bantamweight in order to allow him the same opportunity afforded to TJ to become “champ-champ.” That said, he will only move up if he knows the 125-pound weight class is secure.

With back-to-back wins over Demetrious Johnson and now Dillashaw, Cejudo wants to start getting the “cash cow” treatment moving forward, as he now has fighters in two divisions eying him.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/21/...ce-32-second-ko-loss-hell-get-his-rematch-mma

That was so impressive.

His win over MM was absolute shit lol
Pure lay n pray and it was gross. I'm happy for him that he beat TJ because nobody was talking him up after the Mm fight. MM was injured and he still couldn't do anything active. He really needed this in my opinion.

With another win over TJ, Cash Cow Cejudo will move into the pantheon of legendary fighters, right in between Motivated BJ and Sea Level Cain.

Back