Henry Cejudo called out as racist by Karin Bryant, Luke Thomas and MMA twitter sphere

You mentioned black people deserve respect too? But what about Sterling's clearly racist tweet to Cejudo for being mexican? Why wasn't this a thing?

There wasn't any mexican version of "Black Panther" last year so people don't care about it as much

He’s just trying to be edgy. I doubt he’s genuinely racist (as in more than average people).

I mean... I had no idea this was some sort of racist stereotype, nor do I think most non-black people of my generation do. Plus he’s calling a grown man that to make fun of his name and image... I don’t see any racist motivation, I mean the guy is black. I can understand if it’s out of line, hopefully this doesn’t produce some crazy unnecessary meltdown.

He is calling Yan a communist potato on the same post... I honestly think it’s mildly humorous, albeit somewhat childish and stupid. Colby gets to call a country “you filthy animals suck” and then wear a maga hat (all of which has obvious political, xenophobic connotations) and then gets defended and praised by many (including Rogan) because he’s “playing a character”, although the guy is obviously an asshole. So what do people expect. Henry should just tweet a simple apology saying “I just found Aljo girly and old so it seemed to fit, but I didn’t know the historical connotations, I apologize, my bad” and move on.

The guy steps on his own message first he says he just coming off shoulder surgery and needz a tune up fight which is truly legit in my eyes so he's taking the Aldo fight who's coming off two losses. Then in the very same breathe he says they're all tune up fights? If that's the case forget aging sliding Aldo his name don't even carry the same weight of years past it's more a resume padder than legit win. If you looking legitimacy then Aljamaine & Yan bring that.

As far as the racist sh!t goes as a Mexican Cejudo should know better but the more annoying he becomes the less self aware he seems to be. I'm gonna enjoy watching him get flattened I think Yan is more capable of doing that than Aljamaine who's more likely to leave it up to the judges and I don't want that...

The guy steps on his own message first he says he just coming off shoulder surgery and needz a tune up fight which is truly legit in my eyes so he's taking the Aldo fight who's coming off two losses. Then in the very same breathe he says they're all tune up fights? If that's the case forget aging sliding Aldo his name don't even carry the same weight of years past it's more a resume padder than legit win. If you looking legitimacy then Aljamaine & Yan bring that.

As far as the racist sh!t goes as a Mexican Cejudo should know better but the more annoying he becomes the less self aware he seems to be. I'm gonna enjoy watching him get flattened I think Yan is more capable of doing that than Aljamaine who's more likely to leave it up to the judges and I don't want that...
Champs, imo shouldn't get tune up fights. Defend against the number contender or vacate. Simple. This tune up fight bullshit is only for contenders or stripped Champs.

get this pseudo-woke tone police shit out of here.

It's not racist.

Dear clueless sherbredren. Calling a Black person Aunt Jemima outside of your safe bubble in Mom's basement with a keyboard would cause you to be in a bad situation and quite possibly fucked up. That is all

no the fuck it isnt. jesus fuck people are way to sensitive. yeah henrys mexican-american ass is racist.

let me guess he cant call him kid n play either or thats racist?

perfect response by Aljo too. btw im mixed, puertorican,african,irish. race crybabies are worse than a light hearted racial joke.

1 aljo's name.
2. Hes callin him a woman.
3. you cant tell me aljo isnt shoopable on a bottle easily.

am i racist for sayin Al iaquinta looks like Mr Jones and me?

Last edited:
Yeah Americas history of slavery and racism isn't a big secret to Americans. They LITERALLY teach you this stuff in grade school here. Short of being a complete idiot, there is no way the average person doesn't know all of this. It would be like saying you've never heard of WW2 or the moon landing.
I've never heard anything about aunt jemima being racist. I read his tweet as making his name feminine like if cejudo was called Henrietta or some shit

Champs, imo shouldn't get tune up fights. Defend against the number contender or vacate. Simple. This tune up fight bullshit is only for contenders or stripped Champs.

I got no issue with him having a tune up fight especially coming off surgery, but don't step on your message by playing up bravado and saying that they're all tune up fights. If you that badass jump right in it and f*k the tune up and fight a real fight...

Ah, come on. He is black, no? I'm white, you are yellow and so on. I bet if Aljamain put some Mexican shit there no one would say anything about it. He said nothing wrong, only made a joke about Aljamain resembling that logo and nothing more.

Seriously, this world nowadays... If he says something really offensive I understand, but this?
Oof yellow

I as an African American find that as very offensive. That word has a pretty bad historical background and Henry should know better. This makes me feel pretty bad too bc he’s one of my favorite UFC fighters but man that’s a terrible look .
You don't even have to validate you are Black on here brudda. The people that understand this is offensive should be able to do so out of intelligence. Plus all it takes is one clown lying claiming he is Black and not offended to stir shit up

Back