Henry Cejudo called out as racist by Karin Bryant, Luke Thomas and MMA twitter sphere

Dunno what on Earth is going on with him at the moment what with this and the Ariel Helwani jew references. Maybe he thought Colby was gaining some traction, but wasn't quite there and thought it needed a touch more racism.

yeah Thats worse than anything that Colby Covington has ever said tbh he’s just a maga cuck

WHY is that racist?

Isn't aljo black?

isn't the woman on the syrup bottle black?

people calling racism over stupid shit like this is what creates more racism in the end
If you're not American then I understand. If you are then you should know damn well why Aunt Jemima is racist..

Isn't everything racist nowadays? What is called thick skin nowadays, back then it would be described as soft.

no back then that word was used more in a racially motivated way then it was now. That along with calling an older black woman a “mammy”

And here comes the racist on sherdoger to defend him and say " hey what's the big deal.":rolleyes:

Why are minorities so fragile? If you can't handle the bants just get off social media lmao. Triple C did NOTHING wrong.

Earlier today Cejudo referred to top Bantamweight contender Aljamain Sterling as “Aljamima” and sparked a bit of controversy in the process.

“Triple C doesn’t even pay attention to Aljamima Sterling,” Cejudo wrote. “Secondly, Triple C wants to fight you Petr, but your English needs to get Betr, you ugly communist potato. And last but not least, my tune-up fight, the cabbage patch head Jose Waldo.”

Aunt Jemina is a brand of maple syrup that has a black woman on their logo:
aunt-jemima-pancake-syrupxarope-panqueca-waffle-710g-D_NQ_NP_961066-MLB31850655355_082019-F.jpg

Besides that, Cejudo constantly uses the black person emoji on twitter whenever addressing Sterling.

Luke Thomas also chimed in:

Many other people also took issue with Cejudos comments:

Sources:
https://www.mmamania.com/2020/2/18/...ljamain-sterling-ufc-espn-racism-bantamweight

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/...ejudo-racist-tweet-aljamima-sterling-mma-news

I mean, I love Luke but I don't understand what's racist about this. Can someone explain?

no back then that word was used more racially then it was now. That along with calling an older black woman a “mammy”

Is it like the US equivalent of Gollywogs or something? If you and Karyn Bryant are calling it racist I'm happy to accept it's racist, but I'm British so I don't really understand the connotations of this one.

Cejudo is a prick but I guess he has to do this sort of shit to get attention as he has no personality.
And it does show who a large proportion of the MMA fan-base is. In other sports they try hard NOT to appeal to dickheads like that.
Makes me miss mighty mouse. sure he had "no personality" but he put on better fights and didn't try so hard to be obnoxious.

Is it like the US equivalent of Gollywogs or something? If you and Karyn Bryant are calling it racist I'm happy to accept it's racist, but I'm British so I don't really understand the connotations of this one.

Yes it's pretty much a racist equivlent of a golliwog, a black caricature.

uhhh... mexican power?
tenor.gif

No it’s not exactly that but its cut from the same cloth. Think of Mammy Two Shoes from Tom and Jerry (which is a racist stereotypical portrayal of a black woman) and that’s what a Aunt Jemima is.

Guess he should have called him Mrs Buttersworth.

Can't wait for the cringemaster to get pounded out.

He's just such an attention whoring goof, he needs his ass kicked and to eat some humble pie.

The guy finally gets some press, well done Henry.

Isn't calling Petr Yan equally offensive?
He shouldn't be using either remark but Cejudo is determined to become to most hated fighter ever, especially now that Colby has gotten his ass kicked.
I really hope he gets to fight Petr Yan after Aldo, he'll just him up.

I would not consider Karyn Bryant to be overly fragile. She got motor boated by Rampage Jackson and just kinda went with it. TBH I think she's pretty chill.

Luke Thomas? Yeah he's super fragile but he's a white dude.
White dudes are fragile?

Imagine if Luke Thomas and Karyn Bryant had a baby.

Back