Henry Cejudo called out as racist by Karin Bryant, Luke Thomas and MMA twitter sphere

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Earlier today Cejudo referred to top Bantamweight contender Aljamain Sterling as “Aljamima” and sparked a bit of controversy in the process.

“Triple C doesn’t even pay attention to Aljamima Sterling,” Cejudo wrote. “Secondly, Triple C wants to fight you Petr, but your English needs to get Betr, you ugly communist potato. And last but not least, my tune-up fight, the cabbage patch head Jose Waldo.”

Aunt Jemina is a brand of maple syrup that has a black woman on their logo:
aunt-jemima-pancake-syrupxarope-panqueca-waffle-710g-D_NQ_NP_961066-MLB31850655355_082019-F.jpg

Besides that, Cejudo constantly uses the black person emoji on twitter whenever addressing Sterling.

Luke Thomas also chimed in:

Many other people also took issue with Cejudos comments:

Sources:
https://www.mmamania.com/2020/2/18/...ljamain-sterling-ufc-espn-racism-bantamweight

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/...ejudo-racist-tweet-aljamima-sterling-mma-news

Uggggh. Why do mma fighters have to be so gross sometimes?

How fucking clueless do you have to be to do something like this ?

anyone calling Bryant or Luke our for this is either a troll or racist.

how the fuck using a black guy emoji in a reply to a black guy is racist? WTF
I guess Cejudo also against feminist too because he want to beat up Zhang, Valentina,...
Also Aldo, Cruz is racist against dwarf too because they were making fun of Cejudo's height

Sgt. Slaughter vs Iron Sheik up in this bitch! also Sterling should have been called out too since he mentioned 'burrito' which is a stereotypical tex-mex food. Personally, I think it's fair game for both of them.

I mean that is a pretty tasteless thing to say. Not the end of the world, but it's pretty easy to be respectful and avoid saying shit like that.

While what Cejudo said was ridiculously ignorant and it was fine for Bryant to point it out, I am willing to bet she did not say a word when Sterling made his equally ignorant comment about Cejudo.

Funny how that works.

I remember years ago Luke tweeted something about Woodley, and one of the first replies was "You just dont like him because you're a fucking racist" - I responded tot hat tweet asking the person "Are you retarded?"....Luke blocked me.

{<huh}

I think "Aljamima" is way more corny than it is racist.

That being said, Karyn Bryant is pretty chill and usually just rolls with the punches, so if she thought it was racist, I will accept her opinion on this one.

Cejudo is a prick but I guess he has to do this sort of shit to get attention as he has no personality.
And it does show who a large proportion of the MMA fan-base is. In other sports they try hard NOT to appeal to dickheads like that.

I as an African American find that as very offensive. That word has a pretty bad historical background and Henry should know better. This makes me feel pretty bad too bc he’s one of my favorite UFC fighters but man that’s a terrible look .

Man this sucks what a shitty fucking day

WHY is that racist?

Isn't aljo black?

isn't the woman on the syrup bottle black?

people calling racism over stupid shit like this is what creates more racism in the end

Wait...people are trying to say Sterling talking about Cejudo eating too much Mexican food is just as bad as what Cejudo said?

On the real though, Cejudo is a little weirdo and definately says some tounge in cheek things.

Dunno what on Earth is going on with him at the moment what with this and the Ariel Helwani jew references. Maybe he thought Colby was gaining some traction, but wasn't quite there and thought it needed a touch more racism.

Shit pool of political correctness..

Translation: "If you don't understand why this is racist, then you are a racist."

Seems over the top... His name rhymes with the syrup... Nothing more.. Quit making it out yo be something more

Isn't everything racist nowadays? What is called thick skin nowadays, back then it would be described as soft.

Back