Henry Cejudo "Call me a mouse trap"

People are seriously sleeping on Cejudo in this thread. Not saying he's the favourite, but he's a live dog.

I didn't know he boxed for a few years. I really wonder how MM is going to attack him. I would say kicks, but do you really want to keep kicking at a gold medal wrestler all night? MM will probably still mix in a few takedown attempts but I don't expect him to get more than one or two. Cejudo will probably land a couple takedowns himself. It is going to be hard to catch MM. How they maintain their distance on the feet and the mat work is what will decide it in my eyes.
Elbow and knees

I can't believe I am a little excited about a MM fight. I think Cejudo would push him to the limits and may even beat him.

With punchlines like that he could become as good a rapper as Ralek Gracie

Every time Cruz is ask about a rematch with DJ he always says he has beat him their is no reason to fight him again but you know what he really means right ? He means he don't want no part of that evolved MMA machine he did not fight the 1st time that is exactly what he means.

lol yea he's afriad of the guy he slammed on his head 10 times.

I like Cejudo, but I don't think he has anything for MM. Going to run circles around him.

I like Cejudo a lot but I'm really worried that this title shot is like 3 years too soon.

Henry Ce-who-though? lol. I got MM by ko.

Cejudo is gonna have to pull off a Holly Holm shock the world type of fight to beat Johnson. He's gonna get schooled.

giphy.gif

Cejudo is a cool dude and a good fighter, I think it's too early for him to beat MM though, MM is just on another level, maybe in one or two years in the rematch..

am I wrong in only remembering Cejudo's previous fights as boring wrestling/clinch work in the center of the cage?

hopefully I am and he fights to his potential in this biggest fight of his career

Bump for the effort that went into the OP, and the fact that I am really becoming a fan of Cejudo. Gotta love a dude who majored in theology and ass-kicking. Have to love Johnson as well, he's the fucking shit. Damn I'm really hyped for this one, I think it will be great.

Back