Henry Cejudo against Demetrious Johnson trilogy: ‘We need new storylines in our weight class’

MM is lucky Cejudo rolled his ankle in the opening minute. Otherwise it would have been a more one sided victory for the superior athlete, Cejudo.

The third fight will be a clear cut victory for Henry regardless of how soon it happens.
<YeahOKJen>

Something about that flyweight belt turns a manlet into a duck.

I respected Cejudo for winning the belt but this is such a clown move it's ridiculous. You won a controversial division against the GOAT of the division who beat you in under 2 mins the first time you fought.

It honestly seems like he is scared of a rematch.

I guess Henry wants to get a title defense in before a newly hungry and recovered from injury MM destroys him again.

This guy is a complete clown. Shame on DJ for letting this fight be close enough to the point that he lost a split decision. 11 straight title defenses and Cejudo says someone else deserves a shot. LMAOOOO if you ever wanted to see what ducking looks like this is a prime example. What a joke
It doesn’t matter what your achievements are. No one should ever get an immediate rematch. These days you basically have to beat the guy 2x to be champ ffs

You like 125 being the shittiest division I take it?

You forgot the women's division? 205 has been really shit lately as well. It's got the depth of a shallow pool. Be quiet.

It doesn’t matter what your achievements are. No one should ever get an immediate rematch. These days you basically have to beat the guy 2x to be champ ffs

This might be one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. Good job.

Storyline? What does Henry think this is?

The WWE? <CanYouSeeMeNow><CanYouSeeMeNow><CanYouSeeMeNow><CanYouSeeMeNow><CanYouSeeMeNow>

Funny that he didn’t think that before the rematch

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

BARELY squeaked out a SPLIT decision, by ONE point, and got WRECKED in the first fight.

If anybody on the planet actually does deserve a rematch, it's Mighty Mouse.

I agree but DJ is also injured right now and going to be out for a while. So the odds are pretty good Henry could if he is reasonably healthy get one fight in before a third match up. The third fight is inevitable. But DJ came out of that fight with a couple of injuries.

No lol. MM absolutely deserves a rematch, and this is coming from a big Cejudo fan.

I'd be okay with...
- Cejudo vs. Pettis/Formiga winner
- Cejudo vs. Moraga/Figueiredo winner
- Cejudo vs. Dustin Ortiz

Imagine if they ever wanted to sell the business later on but as a buyer, you saw the owner run the product into the ground by giving a ppv non-factor repeated re-matches for the title.

The company is worth a lot more now than it ever was.
I don't think a fight in the 125 division would matter to a buyer nor will it be "run into the ground"
;)

Cejudo is right but that goes every single weight class. Instant rematches after losing the belt is way too common.

DJ is injured anyways. Cejudo can fight someone else in the meantime, and DJ can get a shot when he's healthy again. simple.

Lol at this bitch made coward shit. Oh I won a controversial split after getting beat the fuck up. Time for some new storylines!

Fucking cowardly.

Cruz said something similar about taking the Garbrandt fight rather than a rematch with TJ.

The problem is there are no flyweights comparable to CoGar when he was on the rise. Benavidez vs Cejudo II would be fun if DJ is out for a while though.

He had to wait 2 and a half years because DJ made him look like a child the first fight. Msybe he wants new "storylines" because Demetrious is his toughest opponent. Let me guess, he wants to rematch Pettis!

Back