Henry Cavill in Talks to Return as Superman (Rumored to Have Signed a Three-Film Deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 27, 2020

Henry Cavill in Talks to Reprise Superman Role in Future DC Universe Movie

6oj9LBx.jpg

While there is not a Man of Steel sequel in the works, Deadline is hearing that Henry Cavill is in talks to reprise his role as Superman in the Warner Bros. DC Universe.

Deadline hear Cavill could come back in a couple of different ways, not a standalone film, but there are plans to put him back in the big red cape again sources with knowledge tell us.

Warner Bros. is not developing a Man of Steel sequel, and Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad are in the can, and Superman isn’t expected to make a cameo in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. Other projects where Cavill could make a cameo are Shazam 2, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam or Aquaman 2, which are the next productions to be prepped once COVID-19 safety restrictions lift.

Cavill made a surprise appearance on Zach Snyder’s Vero Watch Party for Man of Steel last week. At the end of that session, Snyder announced that his director’s cut of Justice League is heading to HBO Max in 2021. Cavill played Superman in Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman and Justice League.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/man-of-steel-henry-cavill-superman-warner-bros-1202945025/

I saw one of the crap sites also list that batfleck might return.

I like him as supes too
He was very good. Glad he’s likely to return.

they had some good stuff going with him as Supes and Affleck as Batman. Both strong in the roles. Batman v. supes has a lot wrong with it, but they’re not it.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed Man Of Steel, Batman vs. Supes and Justice League all to some extent. They weren’t great but we’ve seen way worse comic book films over the years.

This is How you know DC is a total mess.

They can’t even get their tent pole character actors to come back. They struggle coming back to that disaster.

It’s a shame because DC could’ve made for some great competition for the MCU. It could’ve been like the old school Monday night wars between WWF and WCW years back

Update: May 27, 2020

Henry Cavill in Talks to Reprise Superman Role in Future DC Universe Movie

6oj9LBx.jpg

While there is not a Man of Steel sequel in the works, Deadline is hearing that Henry Cavill is in talks to reprise his role as Superman in the Warner Bros. DC Universe.

Deadline hear Cavill could come back in a couple of different ways, not a standalone film, but there are plans to put him back in the big red cape again sources with knowledge tell us.

Warner Bros. is not developing a Man of Steel sequel, and Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad are in the can, and Superman isn’t expected to make a cameo in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. Other projects where Cavill could make a cameo are Shazam 2, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam or Aquaman 2, which are the next productions to be prepped once COVID-19 safety restrictions lift.

Cavill made a surprise appearance on Zach Snyder’s Vero Watch Party for Man of Steel last week. At the end of that session, Snyder announced that his director’s cut of Justice League is heading to HBO Max in 2021. Cavill played Superman in Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman and Justice League.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/man-of-steel-henry-cavill-superman-warner-bros-1202945025/
I hope he does I also want to see the return of
Affleck. Even though that won't happen.

This is How you know DC is a total mess.

They can’t even get their tent pole character actors to come back. They struggle coming back to that disaster.

It’s a shame because DC could’ve made for some great competition for the MCU. It could’ve been like the old school Monday night wars between WWF and WCW years back
DC should've started it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back