Hendricks will tko Brown

mattydaddy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think Johny will stop Matt Brown via tko in round 2. His takedown are too good and top game is WAY better than Brown on his back.

I like Hendricks, and I feel for the guy he's had a few tough breaks from the judges. But I am all Matt Brown for this fight.

I love strikers, a striker like Brown who is a "technical brawler" and finishes brutally. Come the hell on.

when you think the guy could've taken a decision away from GSP you think he should be able to take out guys like lawler and brown no problem... but that's not been the case in his most recent performances

technically he should kick brown's ass but who knows which hendricks will step into the cage. i'd rather brown won

I see that happening too. Everyone is judging Hendricks on his last 3 fights but he was fighting the very top competition in 5 round fights. 3 round fights make the difference imo when you don't have to worry about lasting 5 rounds with the best in the world.

I like Hendricks, and I feel for the guy he's had a few tough breaks from the judges. But I am all Matt Brown for this fight.

I love strikers, a striker like Brown who is a "technical brawler" and finishes brutally. Come the hell on.

Hendricks has been as lucky with judges decisions as he has been unlucky.

On topic I think if this was a 5 round fight brown would have a fantastic chance of pouring it on late and maybe getting the win, however as a 3 rounder I see an easy 30-27 or 29-28 for Hendricks.

brown has been hurt multiple times in his career by body shots especially, i think hendricks can finish him early if hes aggressive

Hendricks has been as lucky with judges decisions as he has been unlucky.

On topic I think if this was a 5 round fight brown would have a fantastic chance of pouring it on late and maybe getting the win, however as a 3 rounder I see an easy 30-27 or 29-28 for Hendricks.

You are absolutely right. I thought this was a five-rounder. I expect it may look like Hendricks-Condit but I hope not.

when you think the guy could've taken a decision away from GSP you think he should be able to take out guys like lawler and brown no problem... but that's not been the case in his most recent performances

technically he should kick brown's ass but who knows which hendricks will step into the cage. i'd rather brown won

That doesn`t make any sense.

Hendricks is a terrible match up for GSP because he is a southpaw that takes the takedown and the jab away.

Hendricks isn`t a sure thing in 5 rounds fights. Lawler, Condit and Rory can give him problems in the later rounds.

Edit: As a fellow sherdogger already mentioned there, if this was a 5 round fight Brown chances would greatly increase. I got a feeling this will look something like Hendricks x Condit.

Hendricks lost his mega ton fists with the recent devastating weight cuts.

ever since this fight got announced, i can just see brown winning i dunno why. i always root for brown though, i just FEEL it man.

really wish it was 5 rounds

That doesn`t make any sense.

Hendricks is a terrible match up for GSP because he is a southpaw that takes the takedown and the jab away.

Hendricks isn`t a sure thing in 5 rounds fights. Lawler, Condit and Rory can give him problems in the later rounds.

how does it not make sense? a guy that is capable of giving one of the top 5 fighters ever to get into the octagon (if not top 3) having close if not controvertial fights against guys that have been fighting 10+ years, with patchy records and without a particularly strong wrestling background is surprising... all i'm suggesting is that when you think of a guy capable of beating (in some guy's eyes) GSP you expect a higher quality of performances, whereas hendricks hasn't since looked like anything special in comparison to the upper half of the division

i guess the division has a different complexion after GSP and it's hard to remember that sometimes!

Lol no. Hendricks left has long been figured out and he hasn't had a finish in a long time. Brown is hard to put out, and I think his style of scrapping would put a hurting on Johnny. Only way I see Hendricks finishing him is if he does a perfect body strike.

Said every thread title in regards to a Matt Brown fight...ever

Hendricks doesn't throw body shots, Matt will be fine.

Hendricks via UD but I'm cheering and rooting for Matt

Three Round Hendricks ought to have this in the bag. TKO possible but smothering decision more likely.

Everyone of course wants Matt to win. I would be pleased to be wrong but I don't think he gets it done.

Don't underestimate the toll that the last 15 rounds may have had on Hendricks.

This has upset written all over it.

Historically speaking, a lot of fighters have had trouble getting back on track after going through such grueling wars.

I don't want to discredit GSP's dedication, but I personally questions his motivation going into that fight with Hendricks, knowing that he was planning on retiring afterwards. I know GSP says otherwise, but to me if a fighter has one foot out the door, they probably shouldn't have the other one inside the octagon. A big part of the fight game is mental, and part of a fighter is thinking of hanging up the gloves, then they aren't 100% focused on the task at hand.

Back