Hendricks weighing 205 in the octagon?

I thought he looked bigger than gsp on their fight. If gsp was 190 than Hendro was 195.

If its accurate that is one big ass WW.

For example Chris was rumored to be around 195 lbs for the Luke fight, wtf smaller then a WW ?

A detour if you will: ok why do we accept cuts of 25-30-35 lbs for people in the 145 (Conor, Sanchez) - 155 (Maynard, Tibau) - 170 (Johny H, GSP, Rory, Thiago Alves) divisions but when we talk LHW we say its around 15 lbs ?

I remember the claims in topics with "Jon is around 220 lbs same like DC (some even said under)".. when we have smaller people cutting more.. shouldn't a big LHW be around 230-235 lbs on fight night ? (and if so then why HW's in the range of Cro Cop never tried the 205 division)

Just paving the road of excuses for the future.

There are only 3 guys in the entire UFC WW roster that have smaller frames than Hendricks: Shinsho, Doomsday, and fucking Matt Serra.

If its accurate that is one big ass WW.

For example Chris was rumored to be around 195 lbs for the Luke fight, wtf smaller then a WW ?

A detour if you will: ok why do we accept cuts of 25-30-35 lbs for people in the 145 (Conor, Sanchez) - 155 (Maynard, Tibau) - 170 (Johny H, GSP, Rory, Thiago Alves) divisions but when we talk LHW we say its around 15 lbs ?

I remember the claims in topics with "Jon is around 220 lbs same like DC (some even said under)".. when we have smaller people cutting more.. shouldn't a big LHW be around 230-235 lbs on fight night ? (and if so then why HW's in the range of Cro Cop never tried the 205 division)

Maybe the weight difference isn't as significant as you go higher in weight

like if someone is 140 vs 120 is much more significant than 220 vs 240. Which also explains why most heavyweights don't weight 265

According to Firas Zahabi, Johnny's camp were saying he weighed 205 on fight night... Is

According to Firas Zahabi, Johnny's camp were saying he weighed 205 on fight night... Is that really possible? Can you cut 35 lbs of water without dying? I mean, it's 17% of his body weight (35/205=0.17). That sounds a bit extreme.

This cut was much dif from previous for 215lb Hendricks (his own words). He actually cut the weight pre camp and finished camp at fight weight. Meaning, had he did a weight cut prior to weigh ins, he could possibly have gotten dwn to 155.

I walk around at 162lbs at 5ft 8in and fight at 135lbs as a Pro.. Yet have been smaller in mass then those I have fought thus far. I work 30 hrs a week during camp and 50+ hrs a week outside of camp. I cut to 158 to start camp, finish camp at 152, cut the rest in water weight (during fight week) for weigh ins and am rehydrated back to 154-156 by fight time. Casuals and those like such, will never comprehend cutting weight, how we do it properly, etc.. No matter how much it is explained. Unless you get off the couch, start training and learn how to cut weight properly.

Maybe the weight difference isn't as significant as you go higher in weight

like if someone is 140 vs 120 is much more significant than 220 vs 240. Which also explains why most heavyweights don't weight 265

Oh yea I get that aspect that 10-15 lbs means a lot for a smaller fighter % wise and functional and not even close to that importance for fighters in LHW or HW divisions.

For HW I think its a point of diminishing returns with the cardio, speed, power aspect and size above a point doesn't translate in such a large degree as it does under the 200 lbs mark but in MMA we have grappling and that does change the rules a bit.

According to Firas Zahabi, Johnny's camp were saying he weighed 205 on fight night... Is that really possible? Can you cut 35 lbs of water without dying? I mean, it's 17% of his body weight (35/205=0.17). That sounds a bit extreme.

There s a video of Alves at 197lb pre fight one time.

35lbs seems impossible for a guy that size who weighs in 24 hours prior to the fight. 35 lbs is the equivalent of 4 gallons of water+change. You guys ever try to drink 4 gallons of water in the course of a day? Even if you're severely dehydrated thats a hell of a feat. A liter bag of IV fluid with a macrodrip can take between 2-4 hours to be absorbed. If you're pulling gallons of water off your body then even rehydrating just half of that through iv drip is gonna take forever.

Craziness. I very well could be wrong but it seems improbable to come in that heavy the next day.

Back