Hendricks should be cut now

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Even though he is still in the top 10, Dana white cut Jon fitch cause he went from #2 to #9. Not only has Johny done the same...but he also misses weight like he gets paid to do it.

Seriously, this clown would be able to find a way to miss weight for an open weight tournament. Brings no revenue in, no one cares to see him, and he is unprofessional and on a downhill slide.

Even though he is still in the top 10, Dana white cut Jon fitch cause he went from #2 to #9. Not only has Johny done the same...but he also misses weight like he gets paid to do it.

Seriously, this clown would be able to find a way to miss weight for an open weight tournament. Brings no revenue in, no one cares to see him, and he is unprofessional and on a downhill slide.

lolllll please dont compare Fitch to Hendricks. Hendricks nearly put that man in a coma within 10 seconds. Hendricks can put on good performances. He said he would retire if he lost which I think he should especially if he doesnt want to figjht at middleweight

It would be meaner to make him fight at MW honestly.

Or we'd see him revitalized.

Both work. If you cut him, you just give Bellator a guy for Koreshkov, Lima, and Rory to fight. Hell, at MW I'd give him a good shot against Manhoef and Carvalhao. It would be fun to see him fight David Branch in WSOF though or fight for the vacant WW strap against Shields - even Palhares would be a decent match up.

Honestly it's pretty sad. His head obviously isn't in it. To see such a decline of a great fighter sucks. Was never a huge fan but he put on some good fights.

What was his excuse this time for missing weight and losing?

I actually thought he squeaked out a victory but I am not too upset about the decision. He basically just wrestled and tried to rest on top.

I hate to kick a man when he's down, but he should probably go to Bellator and fight some weaker competition. I think he is sticking around because he is a former champion and making some decent money ($80,000 for losing at 207). I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC cut him or tried to re-negotiate his contract and therefore forcing him to another promotion.

Magny is a tough dude but has never looked like a world beater and has serious holes in his game still.

Maybe give him one more, but if you're on a 3 fight losing streak and can't beat fringe top 10 guys on the prelims your days in the UFC are numbered.

Last edited:
Yep. Misses weight often, on a losing streak, bitches and complains, isn't a draw.

Expect to see him in Bellator or WSOF soon.

It's like free money being Hendrick's opponent.

20% of hendricks purse goes to them.

Back