Hendricks, Reebok, and the immediate rematch

Kenji Tomiki

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I mean he's not Anderson Silva or Barao to deserve an immediate rematch. Do you think this is related to the new Reebok sponsorship deal with Hendricks and the UFC?

I mean he's not Anderson Silva or Barao to deserve an immediate rematch. Do you think this is related to the new Reebok sponsorship deal with Hendricks and the UFC?

Look like a duck, walk like a duck, that's a f*king duck!

Look like a duck, walk like a duck, that's a f*king duck!

What does this even mean in this context?

What is the duck, Reebok involvement in matchmaking? How does this situation look or walk like that? Why would Reebok even want a third fight this soon rather than Lawler vs Rory or Lombard?

Duck%20Hunt%20Predator.gif

I won't get tinfoil-hatesque about it.
But yes, It's ridiculous and no one apparently wants it.

I am not a Hendricks fan,and im not paying tosee a 3rd rematch with lawler

So not want to see Lawler v.s Hendricks III... and NO Silva v.s Weidman III EVER. yeah the Reebok may have something to do with it...needs its first fully sponsored fighter to have shot at title otherwise money wasted...

Probably has way more to do with UFC 181 doing relatively solid buyrate #s for them in 2014.

What does this even mean in this context?

What is the duck, Reebok involvement in matchmaking? How does this situation look or walk like that? Why would Reebok even want a third fight this soon rather than Lawler vs Rory or Lombard?

Duck%20Hunt%20Predator.gif

My God you must be really dumber than dirt if you can't figure out that simple metaphor. And go look up metaphor you dumb bitch!

If you're Rebook wouldn't you want your brand to be represented by the World Champion, so yes Rebook would have a vested interest in seeing Jonny champ.

My God you must be really dumber than dirt if you can't figure out that simple metaphor. And go look up metaphor you dumb bitch!

If you're Rebook wouldn't you want your brand to be represented by the World Champion, so yes Rebook would have a vested interest in seeing Jonny champ.

I am not stupid. I am not a dumb bitch.

I understand the simple metaphor, but it was inaptly applied to the situation being discussed.

Looks like a duck etc means that things very often are they way they seem to be. I saw it used often when Jones' tests were being discussed. In that case, it eventually proved wrong, but at least it made sense, because it certainly seemed for the moment that Jon was using a masking agent.

Here it is far from obvious that Reebok stepped in and influenced the situation in Jon's favor. It does not look like that, it did not walk like that. Alleging a motive is far from enough to make it seem obvious that Reebok is pulling the strings. That is why I questioned your misuse of the metaphor.

Neither of the guys in the OP deserved an immediate rematch either. And neither does Hendricks. These immediate rematches are KILLING people's interest in the UFC. Every single time I ask a casual fan if they want to watch a PPV, the first thing they ask is who's fighting. When I tell them something like "Barao and Dillashaw" they come back with, "wait, didn't Dillashaw already kick his ass or something?"

Back