Hendricks Leaving Welterweight Division Movin Up to Middle Weight Division

Yeah in WSOF or Bellator you are, not UFC. bye bye

At this point in his career, MW could be even better for him, he is roughly the same height as Kelvin Gastelum who's doing just fine at MW. Hendricks is a better wrestler, has more power in his hands, his height in only a problem if he allows it, shorter fighters can excel at higher weight divisions, it's about working towards your advantages.

Agree on the above. I thought KG would be severely undersized but he performed great. Same for cowboy moving up.

It will be interesting to see if not having to diet and cut weight will help him psychologically too. He has talked before about wanting to find the fun again in his training, and perhaps taking the pressure of weight away will help.

EIther way, I like the concept of fighters being in a weight class more around their in shape walking hydrated weight.

Most said the same about gastelum
Because Gastlemn fights aggressive and pushes the pace.

Hendricks doesn't do that anymore. He started wrestling and grappling more and shying away from boxing. He used to have some good boxing along with that KO power. Hendricks hasn't been the same since the Lawler fights.

He hasn't had power in years now, he's not the same fighter he was when he was working for a title shot. Then USADA came along and he's a completely different fighter and can't make weight.

He loses tonight, he's cut for sure.

You could be totally right man, I don't know, I'm just speculating. I thought about it to, since USADA came in and he left Team Takedown, he hasn't been the same fighter. There is good chance he was roided up and using diuretics.

Because Gastlemn fights aggressive and pushes the pace.

Hendricks doesn't do that anymore. He started wrestling and grappling more and shying away from boxing. He used to have some good boxing along with that KO power. Hendricks a hasn't been the same since the Lawler fights.
He lost to who since then? Stephen thompson and gastelum himself by decision.
Two monsters, tonight will really show were hes at, hes fighting a guy with a longer reach than 99 percent of the ufc including the heavy weights.
Its not hard to imagine the weight cut taking a toll on his fighting.
If gastelum isn't too small neither is hendricks.

A lot of killers at MW, I struggle to see him in the top 10 tbh.

Fucking finally. Some fun matchups to be made there. This pleases me.

He could also try to eat less and prepare himself better but moving up is a good idea too. :rolleyes:

He lost to who since then? Stephen thompson and gastelum himself by decision.
Two monsters, tonight will really show were hes at, hes fighting a guy with a longer reach than 99 percent of the ufc including the heavy weights.
Its not hard to imagine the weight cut taking a toll on his fighting.
If gastelum isn't too small neither is hendricks.
Magny has terrible defense and he isn't very well rounded. If Johnny comes after him it'll be an early night, but Hendricks will get manhandled at 185. He's a tiny MW.

He's getting cut if he loses, probably if he wins too

The gaps btwn weight classes can really be a detriment to some fighters in MMA.

There should be a weight class every 10 lbs up until HW.

125 = FlyW (including the women)
135 = BW
145 = FW
155 = LW
165 = new limit for WW
175 = Super WW
185 = MW
195 = Super MW
205 = LHW
215 = CW (Cruiserweight)
Anything above 215 = HW

Back