Hendricks has zero ground game

Condit has almost as many finishes on the ground as he does standing. Hendricks has great wrestling and control, Condit is just far too aggressive off of his back to posture up against. He has a similar style like Pettis. Guida couldn't do much on the ground because Pettis was constantly attacking with subs and sweeps.

if hendricks cant ko someone in the first couple of mintues he usually just wresle humps and should have lost a couple of his decisions, he has a punchers chance

Hendricks's sub defense is solid. I dont believe hes been in any trouble for a sub attempt.

Yeah, Hendricks has KO'd a bunch of fools who stood right in front of him and took a straight punch to the face...so now he thinks he can KO anybody and is the greatest MMA wrestler of all time.

Well, got news for you Hendricks, GSP is going to pwn you for 5rds on the ground. With speed, wrestling and maybe breaking Hendricks arms in the process by submission.

Meh, no one really does anything to Carlos on the Ground - GSP cut him up, but that was really from one big elbow in the first.

Johnny won't have much for GSP on the mat however, that's not rocket science.

But he does potentially have the wrestling to keep it largely standing for the first few rounds and the ability to close distance and KTFO GSP.

We'll see what happens. We could even see GSP get a late finish although Johnny is very tough.

Sure, Hendricks will be so confident about his wrestling, GSP is going to out jab him for awhile and use movement, Hendricks hasn't shown any real speed advantage, only a single punch to some fools face who stood in front of him, Fitch etc...

Then when he goes for a big stupid punch, GSP just doubles his ass and take Hendricks down, puts him on his back, that is the end of the fight for Hendricks.

GSP has shown to always have the better gameplan and of course, he executes it nearly perfect to win.

All of these supposed "great" decorated wrestlers have got their asses handed to them by GSP, on the ground mostly. And KOS, got his face wrecked by GSPs jab...so good luck with that Hendricks.
What is Hendricks gameplan? One lucky punch? I think we've see that tried for about 5-6 fights now against GSP, still hasn't happened.

I hope karma hits GSP this time and Hendricks can score 1000000 takedowns on George, making him lose by decision

You can make up for a lot of technique issues with sheer aggression. Martin Kampmann is probably technique wise the best striker in MMA, and Hendricks put him to sleep quick

:icon_lol:

hendricks knew he would win if he just held position so he did

Hendricks will be put on his back fairly quickly and won't be able to do much from there. The only way he can win this fight is if he stuffs a few TDs and rushes at GSP with his left hook. He can't stand in kickboxing range and exchange shots, GSP's standup is much better.

I hope karma hits GSP this time and Hendricks can score 1000000 takedowns on George, making him lose by decision

Or maybe karma hits Hendricks and GSP lands a million takedowns on him without doing anything with them. Winning a decision.

You can make up for a lot of technique issues with sheer aggression. Martin Kampmann is probably technique wise the best striker in MMA, and Hendricks put him to sleep quick

Laughable. Kampmann has some of the worst striking defense in the division.

Hendricks's sub defense is solid. I dont believe hes been in any trouble for a sub attempt.

Will it be solid in the 4th and 5th rounds when he has shown no ability to go 3 rounds without gassing hard? Time will tell.

Yeah, Hendricks has KO'd a bunch of fools who stood right in front of him and took a straight punch to the face...so now he thinks he can KO anybody and is the greatest MMA wrestler of all time.

Well, got news for you Hendricks, GSP is going to pwn you for 5rds on the ground. With speed, wrestling and maybe breaking Hendricks arms in the process by submission.

In Hendricks' defense he landed on Condit much more than I thought he would, so I was impressed. I think that fight showed he really has nothing for GSP though, and I expect complete 1 sided beatdown.

Of the two fighters one has a win due to takedown and lay and pray. Here's a hint, it's not GSP. Cry harder.

Gentlemen.

Carlos Condit is not the first person Hendricks has taken down. If you've observed his other opponents, he was unable to do anything but maintain top control pretty much every time.

Condit is absolutely lethal off his back. One of the best guys in the sport at getting off his back. He got a few sweeps in on GSP too.

Though I won't argue that Hendricks got swept a lot, I think most of his ground work came when he was tired in the third.

I love Hendricks, but I did think Condit took that decision.

Besides, GnP is only part of the ground game. Because he didn't land great GnP doesn't mean his ground game is terrible. It just means that he respected Condit, and knew how dangerous he would be off his back.

I don't think anybody really thinks Hendricks chance against GSP comes on the ground though. Seems to be the general consensus if he wins he wins on the feet.

You can never be too sure though, Weidman knocked out Anderson on the feet. Hardly anybody predicted that.

Back