Hendricks has zero ground game

50-45 GSP. He's on another level and will make Hendricks look like a scrub. Another dominant but boring victory.

Really? Carlos has a wicked guard. You can't just throw bombs at him or he will rip your arm off or slap a triangle on. Horrible example.

Credentials don't mean as much in this case because GSP is a better wrestler and is better all around. Hendricks has the power advantage but his striking is too basic to fool GSP. He could always catch him with a big shot but if that doesn't happens, trust me, Hendricks is in big trouble, especially if the fight goes past the 3rd.

You can make up for a lot of technique issues with sheer aggression. Martin Kampmann is probably technique wise the best striker in MMA, and Hendricks put him to sleep quick

Last edited:
I had Condit winning the fight against Hendricks because Hendricks hardly did anything with his takedowns.

Hendricks' ground game is severely inferior to GSP's, he won't have a chance against GSP down there imo. GSP by sub round 4.

well hes fighting for the title and ur not

Really? Carlos has a wicked guard. You can't just throw bombs at him or he will rip your arm off or slap a triangle on. Horrible example.

GSP was doing a good job of landing bombs on Condit in round 1 and 2

Hendricks laid on top of him doing nothing and still got beat up.

He's a wrestler that got a few KO's and has now fallen in love with his hands. He has takedowns but hasn't shown much after he gets them. I'm sure he could G-n-P the hell out of second tier fighters but against the Condit's & GSP's of the world...he's got nuthin'. I predict GSP finishes him by ....armbar...3rd round.

I just rewatched hendricks vs condit and I was quite shocked about the fact that hendricks has zero ability to GnP. he took condit down for million times but it was condit who striked from the bottom. hendricks from the top was unable not only to strike but also to move at all.
so Im wondering here if that will be a factor in his fight against gsp. it is reasonable to assume that hendricks is able to take gsp down, but his inability to do anything from there could bite him in the ass...

ROFL.

So because one of the best fighters off his back was able to shut down Hendricks' on the ground, he has no ground game?

It's amazing how people forget that fighters are fighting other fighters who also want to win.

I don't think so dude. I see this fight being alot like GSP-Kos 2

Totally opposite styles. Koscheck fancys himself a boxer, and never really tried to take GSP down. I also thnk that having his orbital bone smashed inside of the first minute of the fight probably didn't help either. Hendricks isn't going to sit back and be a punching bag while trying to beat GSP in a pure boxing match the way Koscheck did. People tend to not put as much emphasis on aggression the way they should.

I just rewatched hendricks vs condit and I was quite shocked about the fact that hendricks has zero ability to GnP. he took condit down for million times but it was condit who striked from the bottom. hendricks from the top was unable not only to strike but also to move at all.
so Im wondering here if that will be a factor in his fight against gsp. it is reasonable to assume that hendricks is able to take gsp down, but his inability to do anything from there could bite him in the ass...

you should try holding someone down and gnp'ing them with 1 hand - then you should try doing it to carlos condit

Totally opposite styles. Koscheck fancys himself a boxer, and never really tried to take GSP down. I also thnk that having his orbital bone smashed inside of the first minute of the fight probably didn't help either. Hendricks isn't going to sit back and be a punching bag while trying to beat GSP in a pure boxing match the way Koscheck did. People tend to not put as much emphasis on aggression the way they should.

Kos tried to take GSP down multiple times, he managed to for a short period but had no significance. Kos was getting lit up on the feet, he was in a title fight, if could have outwrestled GSP for the win, you can bet your dumb ass he would have.

He has little top game

But watch any points when he's on the bottom, such as the end of the first round in the fight against Condit. He quickly gave up his back and seemed like he had no idea what to do.

Also I'd like to point out GSP will probably be able to control him on the feet since he out struck much better strikers like Alves, Diaz and Condit while standing

I assure you Hendricks will put GSP on his back, heh, heh

I actually do agree. I think GSP will be taken down once or twice. I just think since GSP is one of the best grapplers he will probably get control pretty quickly.

If Hendricks gases as bad as he normally does.. GSP might even.. dare I say.. finish the fight? Here's hoping!

GSP 50 - 45

Hendricks has landed that right hand on every opponent he has faced lately. Condit just had an iron chin. I think he could be sneaky enough to land on GSP.

Good thing it's only the left hook that's been dangerous :icon_lol:

Well tbh Condit is a beast when he's on his back. But I agree, Hendricks' offensive ground game isn't very diversified and efficient.

Dunno what he looks like on his back though. Hope he's good cuz he will be on his back a lot.

I think GSP will make him gas by the end of the 3rd round, and make him suffer for the last two rounds. It may well be St.Pierre's first finish in a while, against a tired opponent.

GSP's latest opponents were cardio beast (Condit and Diaz).

Top game won't matter much for Hendricks in this fight.

CC is one of the most dangerous fighters off his back in MMA. Even taken down he's just as busy on the ground as he is on the feet.

Kos tried to take GSP down multiple times, he managed to for a short period but had no significance. Kos was getting lit up on the feet, he was in a title fight, if could have outwrestled GSP for the win, you can bet your dumb ass he would have.

aww, did you just try to insult me? That's cute

Back