Hendricks had 7 hours to lose 2 lbs and chose not to

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the interview the day BEFORE the weigh ins, wasnt he saying he was one pound away from making weight WHILE drinking water? You know, the interview where he looked both homeless and delirious.

I remember that and it was stupid. Hendricks was playing so dumb it wasn't even a good act it was obvious he was up to something. I watched like three interviews where people explained the VADA/WADA thing to him and each time he acted like he didn't get it.

He should, but someone managed to spin it to where GSP was the suspect - and that actually managed to make traction around here.

Kizer (Director of NSAC at the time) about Beaulieu (GSP's co-manager) trying to get detailed information about the tests that they can't have

Kizer declined to discuss specifics of what would be screened for, and he took umbrage at Beaulieu's repeated inquiries, which included references to HGH, EPO and testosterone.

"You don't get the details before the test," Kizer told ESPN.com.

In an email sent to the group on Aug. 16, the executive director expressed NSAC "does not allow any licensee to dictate or craft the testing. Not only is this inappropriate, it is not something the Commission would even consider."

"I will take the latest email as a refusal by Mr. St. Pierre [sic] to request enhanced steroid and drug testing by the Commission, which is his choice," Kizer continued. "Of course Mr. St-Pierre and Mr. Hendricks must comply with any and all testing by the Commission."

Kizer (Director of NSAC at the time) about Beaulieu (GSP's co-manager) trying to get detailed information about the tests that they can't have
Beaulieu asked for details of what was tested for. You can either view that as wanting to make sure they weren't testing for something GSP was on, or wanting to ensure that they were testing for everything VADA was testing for. There is nothing wrong with the second one, and it isn't dictating or crafting the test.

USADA and VADA both let fighters know what is tested for. That's what the WADA prohibited list is, and it's entirely appropriate for a fighter to know that. Both organizations make an effort to ensure fighters know what is on the list.

Lol at these GSP haters trying to misdirect Hendricks' obvious cheating attempts to GSP again.

So pathetic.

People shouldn't be so hard on him, I have had 30 years to shed 15 lbs and haven't managed to do it.

Beaulieu asked for details of what was tested for. You can either view that as wanting to make sure they weren't testing for something GSP was on, or wanting to ensure that they were testing for everything VADA was testing for. There is nothing wrong with the second one, and it isn't dictating or crafting the test.

USADA and VADA both let fighters know what is tested for. That's what the WADA prohibited list is, and it's entirely appropriate for a fighter to know that. Both organizations make an effort to ensure fighters know what is on the list.

No, I get that. I honestly do, but you have to understand it's just as logical (maybe a tad more) than him trying to get an upper hand. People didn't just pull it out of their ass, is all i'm saying.

Stopped reading at "he could have easily sweated the last bit off"

Hendricks needs to retire. He isn't a professional.

No, I get that. I honestly do, but you have to understand it's just as logical (maybe a tad more) than him trying to get an upper hand. People didn't just pull it out of their ass, is all i'm saying.

I think the fact that GSP's lawyer was French may not have helped. Whatever the purpose of his questions, there seemed to be a lot of confusion over who was asking for what.

And while I don't think he was trying to do anything crooked, I've always said that there isn't a fighter on the roster who would surprise me with a positive test. Disappointed sure, but not surprised. And that includes GSP, Hendricks, and every other fighter you could name.

Stopped reading at "he could have easily sweated the last bit off"

Tells you how much he knows about weight cutting. The last 1-2 pounds are the hardest to shed.

Tells you how much he knows about weight cutting. The last 1-2 pounds are the hardest to shed.

true, especially if your body fat % is above what it should be before starting to cut water weight.

Good call. He was even successfully making 157 for his first full season. In 2007 he weighed in at 165 and competed in like 50 matches. I know guys get bigger into their 30s sometimes but considering everything, Hendricks should be able to make 171. Hell, there are plenty of fighters and wrestlers that stay at or near the same weight from college into their 30s. MMA is even easier than wrestling to do this. Look at how many fighters are still weighing in at the same weight for over 10 years. Especially post USADA. Look at his physique in the GSP fight, he was an absolute monster, a really big dude.

MMA is probably harder to maintain weight in than wrestling. You aren't working out and staying in shape almost year round for mma like you are for wrestling, with constant meets and such. Most guys fight 2-3 times a year, with between 8 and 12 week camps that's 9 months max, and 6 months minimum they're working out.

Back