Hendricks - GSP wants no part of my power

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
TORONTO -- Spurned welterweight contender Johny (Bigg Rigg) Hendricks says UFC champion Georges St-Pierre is avoiding him because of his knockout power.

Hendricks (14-1) has won five straight to punch his way to the front of the 170-pound contenders' line. But he finds himself having to wait his turn as St-Pierre focuses first on Nick Diaz, and then possibly Anderson Silva.

"The first thing that went through my mind is that if I didn't show the power that I did, would I have got that (GSP) fight?" Hendricks said Thursday.

"My striking power is something he's worried about," he added. "We saw it in the (Carlos) Condit fight, we've seen it before. Whenever he gets hit, whenever he gets rocked, he doesn't like it. And I think I'm a threat to his belt, I really do. And that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

"And I'm going to keep working and improving myself, to keep being a bigger threat to him."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2012/12/20/johny_hendricks_georges_st_pierre_wants_no_part_of_my_power/#community

Last edited by a moderator:
No Johny, GSP wants no part of lackluster ppv sales.

Fights with Diaz and Silva are certain, big money makers.

Hendricks really needs to relax. He'll get his justified shot at the throne.

Uh, no.

GSP has fought several heavy handed strikers.

Someone else said it best, "Hendricks was next in line, but Diaz deserved to get beat down first. Either way the fans win."

He is kind of putting himself in a must win situation against GSP with all the shit talking he's doing isn't he?

Dude is so in love with himself.

Relax.. you'll get your title shot...

Actually, I think it's quite the contrary.

If he had knocked Koscheck out, maybe he'd be getting this shot instead of Diaz. I'd say too bad, except I'm a Kos fan.

And another thing, GSP has wanted Diaz for several years now.

Diaz ducks a press event and screws up the first chance.

Diaz fails to adapt his game and loses to Condit, avoiding the fight a second time.

If I were GSP I would just want to end this Diaz thing first, and then continue with my title reign (HA, Like I would have any title, maybe King of the lanes)

He is kind of putting himself in a must win situation against GSP with all the shit talking he's doing isn't he?

not really

he deserves his shot and gsp personally took it away from him and therefore he's pissed

he hasn't been runnin around saying he would destroy georges with ease...

even the stoic cain velasquez got pissed when jds kept talking about reem instead of him

hes pissed as any logical fighter would be

I understand his frustrations and they mirror mine with the lack of a structured ranking system but he does need to pull it back just a bit or fans will start to backlash against his campaigning

"My striking power is something he's worried about," he added. "We saw it in the (Carlos) Condit fight, we've seen it before. Whenever he gets hit, whenever he gets rocked, he doesn't like it. And I think I'm a threat to his belt, I really do. And that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

If you will it, Dude, it is no longer a dream.

Can't fault the guy for believing in himself, but that's going to be a hard fall.

Every time this guy opens his mouth I become less and less of a fan. He tries too hard to be a Sonnen/Diaz type figure but it comes out wrong because its easy to see that's not who he is.

When, though? As of right now the earliest he can see a title shot is 06/2013 give or take a month. I guess he figured out that if he talks enough shit, it'll happen sooner rather than later.

Complains about people talking to get title shots, and then does the same thing himself.

If he wasn't winning in an exciting fashion he wouldn't be considered as quickly, so he can get off that train of thought right now.

I never saw Sherdoggers get this up in arms when Fitch was passed over multiple times for earned title shots. Hendricks fans like to think they are above the bias and better than Diaz fans, but they do a lot of the same things.

Every fight is "must win"....

No, but this is different. He's almost talking as if GSP will be no challenge for him and that it will be a guaranteed win.

If GSP dominates him, He's going to look like an idiot

Hendkicks vs GSP would look like the third round kos Kos vs Johnny for 5 rounds.

I'm half hoping Diaz skips town so we can see Hendricks get worked for 5 rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back