Hendo vs Machida

I am going with Hendo. I think Hendo has the wrestling to get a hold of him and the power to hurt Machida.

Randy could have wrestle phucked Machida...one of Randys worst performances

Your seriously retarded. Randy tried his best to get Machida to the ground couldnt do it. He was just outclassed plan and simple.

Machida. This is a terrible fight for Hendo

heart says hendo

head says machida

Pretty decisive for Machida i see.

I see what you did there...

I have a bad feeling about this fight, its going the exact same way as JDS vs Cain 2 i have it 60-40 for Machida and the way sherdog is counting out Hendo makes me feel that if Lyoto loses people will bash him for weeks just like they did to JDS.

I want hendo to win, but I know machida is a bad matchup and dan is getting way old.. If this was around UFC 100 era I'd probably bet on dan.. Too much ring rust for Dan. Does anyone remember how he looked against Jake Shields with his ring rust? He's going against one of the best LHW's

Machida is better everywhere. He would even outwrestle Hendo. I can see him getting on top of Hendo and having his way with him as easily on the ground as he would standing up.

Well said Jon :)

Hendo by H bomb. I believe in the power that Hendo posses.

Hendo by Split Decision since the fight is for 3 rounds

If this was a 5 round fight...Machida by TKO

DAN HENDERSON
PROS:
Dan Henderson is a beast, and a tough son of a bitch. He has underrated timing with his striking. His scrambling on the ground is phenomenal. Not to mention the obvious power in both hands. If he hurts Machida and ends up on top, Machida is in trouble. It'll be hard to sweep him, especially while Hendo is throwing bombs in the process.
CONS:
His cardio and his range will be his weakpoint.

MACHIDA PROS:
Machida has a lot of tools at his disposal with his Karate. If he works his feints early and frustrates Dan, he may be able to catch him with a few critical blows. Those feints will be the key to his striking since Dan will have no choice but to commit with his power strikes, leaving him vulnerable. Dan Henderson does get staggered when he's caught in a feint, and if Machida works his trips in as well, he may be able to score points and tire Dan out for the late TKO in the 2nd or 3rd.
CONS:
If he decides to trade/bang with Dan or get cocky in the grappling he may end up on his back. This will be a nightmare scenario due to Dan's aggressive top-game.

Big fan of Dan and Lyoto but I got Lyoto stylistically.

I'm rooting for Hendo but this is a bad matchup for him. If anything he is lucky it is 3 rounds vs 5. I see Machida outpointing him and possibly even catching him bad if Hendo gets frustrated and over agressive.

Hendo needs to do what Rampage did and put conservative pressure on Machida and take 2 out of 3 rounds.

Machida by simply being THE nightmare matchup for Hendo.

Will Machida stop Hendo though? Not sure about that, but hope so.

I love Hendo as a fighter and all but...he's in the dragon's way...therefore he must face the consequences :icon_evil

Back