Hendo v Cro Cop, would Bispings words have come true?

If Dan wrestled, that would be his best chance. A stand up war with Cro Cop isn't kosher

With both men in their prime, CroCop outclasses him with ease. Mirko is too big / lenghty with a mean jab... Hendo wouldn't get close to him.

However, I wouldn't put Hendo past Mirko at this point in their careers. Hendo aged much better than Mirko.

Early Pride Hendo (2001-2004) gets stopped or battered in a decision loss. Cro Cop was at his peak at this point in time

Late Pride Hendo (the one that beat Wanderlei for the title) gets an SD or maybe an H-Bomb KO.

TRT Hendo (2009-2011) wins by KO, because Cro Cop's chin was totally gone by that point.

It's too bad we didn't see this one happen between 2005 and 2007.

If Dan wrestled, that would be his best chance. A stand up war with Cro Cop isn't kosher

Hendos striking doesnt work because hes the worlds greatest striker.

It works because he has a tough chin, and is a serious pedigree wrestler, that can open up fast with his short limbs from the clinch or the fray.

He is built to hit people, and its hard to get close to him without running a serious risk.

The wrestling deterrent is a big part of his success.

Kind of like Cain v JDS.

Cro cop could stay on the outside and throw bombs, but each leg kick attempt is begging a flurry and if they get close, then thats Hendos world. Cro cops punching was not his strong suit.

Edit-il give the poster above the jab. Fair enough on that point.

Great fight at a reasonable catch weight.

Hendo has no prime, there are decision Dan, pride Dan with H/bomb, UFC Dan, and trt Dan.
Crocop beats any Dan 9 out of 10 times, Dan has H bomb and that is it.

Cro Cop easily. Kicks to the body, much longer reach and throws straight. Plus that sprawl.

Plus, watch Hendo's fights with a fresh Big Nog. Nog boxed him up...

Last edited:
Cro Cop in his prime was bigger, faster, and stronger than Dan, and people really think Dan would have a chance? It would have been a massacre.

Hendo via not being a pussy and not giving up. CroCop has no heart and Hendo would grind him. CroCop repeatedly said that if he lost the 2006 GP then he would retire. He had the easiest road into that tournament because Pride didn't want to lose the draw he brought during their tough financial times.

Barnett was the true MVP of that tournament. He beat Aleks, Hunt, and Big Nog. Who did CroCop beat? Minowa, Yoshida, then Wanderlie who was a 205er. What a joke - and I use to be a big CroCop fan.

(Wow guys, I haven't discussed Pride in a long time. Nostalgia!)

Prime Crocop is to fast, to strong and to technical for Dan, Mirko by 3 round of knockdowns and total beatdown

Prime for prime? Crocop demolishes Hendo. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't watch Crocop in his prime. Shit would look like Wand vs Crocop II

Did Bisping really say that? What a tool if true.

In his heyday, Cro Cop would beat any version on Dan Henderson (PRIDE, UFC, Strikeforce, TRT)

Hendo is just too slow and predictable. His striking skills are nowhere near what Mirko's were in PRIDE. I think it would have went a lot like Nog vs CC with Dan getting peppered with strikes except he wouldn't be able to pull a submission out of a hat.

CC via UD.

If they fought today Hendo would probably win, but even then he is still pretty slow and plodding and Mirko does have a chance to score points with strikes. But Mirko has fallen so far that he could easily lose. Especially if he gets hit by Dan's nuclear right hand.

Prime Cro Cop in Pride vs any Hendo, Cro Cop monsters him. Probably a TKO or KO

Ring: LHK
Cage: H Bomb

Cro cop late 90s early 2000 would beat hendo imo. Hendo is a great fighter but will never be one of the greats due to his legailised cheating (TRT). Funny how he became a KO artist since he has been on the treatment?

cro cop via Tko body kicks, i just feel like Hendo would struggle getting close to cro cop, whilst eatin some right jabs and straight lefts, Cro cop had one of the nastiest power body kicks, but he didn't use it to often, i feel like he would have against a guy like hendo

Im a big fan of Hendo, more so than of Crocop but sorry, Prime Crocop kills him

Back