Hendo said it best post fight.

GoodStoppage

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hello everyone-

So, Hendo is by far my favorite MMArtist and as you can imagine, I and along with many other were quite saddened to see what unfolded tonight with his bout against Cormier.

My fandom aside, I truly believe this was a testament to the PURPOSE of weight classes rather than a skill level difference between fighters. Is DC a better wrestler? Maybe..but he is also a lot BIGGER.

The story of this fight was DC just too big and strong for Hendo. I don't think he's done in the sport, I do think he should go down to MW and face the murderers down there.

What do you think? Do you agree that this was just a matter of size and how it matters, or was the skill level really the difference here?

Of course 20-30 pounds is gonna make a huge difference, but Hendo is done, we all saw that in the shogun fight.

Hendo chooses to cut barely anything and fight at LHW. Same as what frankie and machida used to do. If he's too small for the weight class by all means cut, he probably doesn't trust weight cutting at his age though after the shields fight.

Daniel Cormier was quite bigger. But let's not take anything away from him. Guy's a monster.

And Hendo a legend forever what ever happens

Of course 20-30 pounds is gonna make a huge difference, but Hendo is done, we all saw that in the shogun fight.

You may be right but this is not the fight to determine that. He was just out-sized. If he gets in there with someone his own weight and gets destroyed then I will echo your claim.

Hello everyone-

So, Hendo is by far my favorite MMArtist and as you can imagine, I and along with many other were quite saddened to see what unfolded tonight with his bout against Cormier.

My fandom aside, I truly believe this was a testament to the PURPOSE of weight classes rather than a skill level difference between fighters. Is DC a better wrestler? Maybe..but he is also a lot BIGGER.

The story of this fight was DC just too big and strong for Hendo. I don't think he's done in the sport, I do think he should go down to MW and face the murderers down there.

What do you think? Do you agree that this was just a matter of size and how it matters, or was the skill level really the difference here?

No Cormier is a better wrestler and a better MMA fighter then Hendo and I love the guy. Remeber Hendo wrestled in Greco in the Olympics, in America at least Greco is for the guys who can't make it in freestyle.

Yes DC is bigger but even a bigger younger Hendo would have gotten demolished.

DC is a flat out better fighter than Hendo period.

DC proved he was the better man tonight.

Be honest. Does the fight you just saw make you think Daniel Cormier could beat Jon Jones? Honestly? He took on a smaller, older, weaker Dan Henderson and dominated him. I in no way see that as a precursor of what would happen with Jon Jones. Maybe if this had been him with Gus I would be like Jones might be in trouble if he dominated Gus like he did Hendo. However in my opinion, I don't see anyone he's beat preparing him for the diverse attack and speed of Jones.

DC is that much better in every way. Everyone tries to hate on Cormier after his DOMINATIONS, but he's taking that belt from jbj

I couldn't believe how much bigger DC looked than Hendo. Even the width of DC's back was huge. Hendo looked really small in there. Props for not giving up however, I love watching the guy fight.

Back