Hendo is 3-6 in his last 9 fights...

And he's getting a title shot over Jacare, a guy who arguably is undefeated in the UFC

Hendo is currently ranked #11 in the world by Fight Matrix. You can't make this shit up lol.

I agree. It's nonsense, I do believe hendo gets hurt and Jacare or Rockhold steps in

Idk where you got your rankings but let me correct a few things for you
1)This isn't a discussion about how good Jacare's UFC resume is. The only point of contention is if it's better than Hendo's in the same time span, and it is objectively better. As for Bisping, you can't include his win over Rockhold as part of his justification for a title shot since it happened after said title shot
2) Jacare should have won the Romero fight. Only 2 media outlets scored the fight for Romero. Jacare should be undefeated in the UFC with 3 top 10 wins. Hendo is 2-3 in his last 5 and 3-6 in his last 9 with loses to guys that Jacare beat the shit out of.

Those rankings are from the UFC site. You said Jacare's last 5 are better than Bisping's and I disagree. I do agree they are better than Hendo's for sure.

Jacare should have won his fight with Yoel? I agree but at the end of the day, those media outlets, yours and my opinion are irrelevant. What Jacare should be doesn't matter. What matters is what the official records show. Yeah, I think Jacare won but by no means was it a robbery and it could have gone either way.

We can talk about all these ifs all day but that won't get us anywhere.

Hendo's last 5 may not be as good as Jacare but, dude, Jacare's last 20 years isn't as good as Hendo's. Sounds to me like you're a Jacare fan that is upset he got overlooked. Understandable. The thing is tho that you have to understand that while ppl may think the UFC is doing Jacare dirty the majority of the people are pleased to see that the powers that be are honoring an unquestionable legend. His career speaks way louder than his, or anyone else's, last 5.

It is what it is, Hendo is getting his title shot. It's just something you're going to have to accept. If Jacare truely is the best mw in the world then he will eventually become champion. If he loses to Rockhold or Weidman before he gets his shot then there's a good chance he wouldn't have become champ anyway.

Nobody cares. Hendo is liked more than Jacare. And Bisping fans like myself want to see Bisping get at least one title defense and to get revenge against Hendo.

MMA fans create an environment where merit means nothing. I just find it funny how salty people get when other not as popular fighters Play the game they helped to create.

Last edited:
Those rankings are from the UFC site. You said Jacare's last 5 are better than Bisping's and I disagree. I do agree they are better than Hendo's for sure.

If we count Bisping's last 5 fights before his title shot, then no.

MMA fans create an environment where merit means nothing. I just find it funny how salty people get when other not as popular fighters do the same.

I'm just trying to remember the last time a fighter that wasn't American or didn't speak English got fast tracked to a title shot.

And he's getting a title shot over Jacare, a guy who arguably is undefeated in the UFC

Hendo is currently ranked #11 in the world by Fight Matrix. You can't make this shit up lol.
We all know...
Hard to defend.

It's not fair to Jacare:eek:
but Hendo is a fan favorite
and it's amazing what he did to Lombard at 45 years of age

that with the hellish KO in their first fight
creates an interesting story-rematch

I'm just trying to remember the last time a fighter that wasn't American or didn't speak English got fast tracked to a title shot.

Never. These fans want to manufacture a sport to only have the champs they desire.

yeah but he's 9-0 in his first 9 fights and 1-0 against the champ. I rest my case.

Most guys would've been cut, not given title shots. And everyone can cut the bull crap about "earning it." Hendo doesn't deserve a title shot based off his overall career. If that's the case, let's start calling back all the old legends for unnecessary title shots and clog up divisions even further.

Some of y'all need to start applying this to your own job and see if you'd still be calling for a Hendo title shot. If you were this amazing employee up for a chance at a life-changing promotion, and your boss told you, "no, we're not going with you. We're going to go with the old guy in the mailroom who was good for our company about 7 years ago, but still works here for some reason" how would y'all feel?

11 is very generous of the ppl at Fight Matrix...

Yes, it's bullshit. But Old man Hendo still has a better claim to a title shot than Nick Diaz does at WW.

Yoel Romero actually is undefeated so he should get the shot but we all know the tainted supplement suspension thwarted that.

Rebook Romero/Jacare to remove all doubt and the rightful contender will emerge. In the mean time, let old man Dan have his one last shot at UFC gold before hanging the gloves.

Most guys would've been cut, not given title shots. And everyone can cut the bull crap about "earning it." Hendo doesn't deserve a title shot based off his overall career. If that's the case, let's start calling back all the old legends for unnecessary title shots and clog up divisions even further.

Some of y'all need to start applying this to your own job and see if you'd still be calling for a Hendo title shot. If you were this amazing employee up for a chance at a life-changing promotion, and your boss told you, "no, we're not going with you. We're going to go with the old guy in the mailroom who was good for our company about 7 years ago, but still works here for some reason" how would y'all feel?

nobody on sherdog has a job.

He has fought more than 9 times in the past 20 years you know. Yes, Jacare deserves his shot and he will get it. Everyone chill out, if Hendo's legendary resume hasn't given him the right to end his career with a title shot no one's ever will. He's a legend, a pioneer and by far one of the most accomplished mma fighters of all time. If anyone has that big of a gripe against him getting a title shot you either hate mma or are too new to the sport to know who Hendo really is. It wont hurt Jacare, the UFC nor us to have the no. 1 contender wait a few more months for a shot.

Nog didn't end his career with a free title shot.....
Liddell didn't end his career with a free title shot...
Hughes didn't end his career with a free title shot....

When Shogun retires, will he get a free title shot?

It's a fun freak show revenge fight for the fans don't think too much of it. The MW division is still in a period without a dominant champ so it isn't a big deal right now.

Lol Bisping is a joke of a champion. He will need to be put on suicide watch if old man Hendo KOs him again in this gimme fight.

Back