Hendo=High risk, low reward for anyone + Cormier wont fight for the title for a while

Hendo is a legend and a legit win for anyone. DC already said if he beats Hendo he is calling for a title shot and will wait one out for however necessary

If you hear Dan tell the story, winner is in line for a title shot. I believe it was at mmaweekly.com

well he was promised the title fight after this fight so...

So DC deserved a title-shot after beating up a beach-muscled barista? Hell no.

dont be putting words in my mouth, more to the point Jones is not being challenged.
Others agree too in there droves. DC earned a title shot in HW division hes one of few undefeated fighters around in MMA at the top level. If I said stranger things have happened than Mcgregor being given a shot what do you think I would have to say about an undefeated fighter being given a shot when he had a conflict of interest in his last weight class and there fore could not take said opportunity there.

Why so many haters on here? There is nothing at all at all wrong with DC getting the shot instead of Jones. Your berating Cummins as being a nobody however Manuwa is a somebody after 1 fight in the UFC prior Gus?. Or is Manuwa somebody because he is undefeated like DC? Or just because he suits the up Gus ass crew on here.

Try and see things impartially or you look pretty stupid. Gus should be fighting DC or Jones should be fighting DC.

Hendo is dangerous he can KO anyone on any given day. I dont see him making a title run at 205. If Cormier beats him theres voices out there that are going to come out and say "he hasn't earned his title shot beating a declining Hendo". If he loses he will have to go to the back of the line. Cormier is getting up there in age he has to fight for the title this year. However I dont see that happening. Jones and Gustaffson is ways away. If they have a war they are most likely going to be shelved for long time before the winner fights again.. Most likely Cormier will fight someone at 205 again...

Call me crazy but given that Cormier wins against Hendo and one more fight.. I dont see him fighting for the title until summer 2015 or even later..

Thoughts?
except the winner of this fight is guaranteed a title shot.

I think they could've handled the title picture a lot better than they did but it might change by the time Jones and Gus fight again. I think they brought Cormier down trying to line him up from the start at LHW but Evans got injured and now they are giving him another favorable matchup to try to get him the belt.

Hendo is high risk but you have to factor in that Cormier is essentially a younger Hendo with the same style. These are the kind of matchups you give a good prospect to build their name. That's why Evan's was their other choice.

how do you see the fight happening in summer of 2015? aren't they talking about jones/gus happening sept-nov? I see Daniel/dan fighting for the belt begin of 2015....

cormier has a family to feed, I am sure he isn't making big money fighting yet, hendo is a big name so I imagine he is getting good money for this fight and little risk... cormier should have a easy fight

how do you see the fight happening in summer of 2015? aren't they talking about jones/gus happening sept-nov? I see Daniel/dan fighting for the belt begin of 2015....

cormier has a family to feed, I am sure he isn't making big money fighting yet, hendo is a big name so I imagine he is getting good money for this fight and little risk... cormier should have a easy fight

There's no way jones gustaffson happens before cain Werdum. .

Back