Hendo=High risk, low reward for anyone + Cormier wont fight for the title for a while

WildF

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hendo is dangerous he can KO anyone on any given day. I dont see him making a title run at 205. If Cormier beats him theres voices out there that are going to come out and say "he hasn't earned his title shot beating a declining Hendo". If he loses he will have to go to the back of the line. Cormier is getting up there in age he has to fight for the title this year. However I dont see that happening. Jones and Gustaffson is ways away. If they have a war they are most likely going to be shelved for long time before the winner fights again.. Most likely Cormier will fight someone at 205 again...

Call me crazy but given that Cormier wins against Hendo and one more fight.. I dont see him fighting for the title until summer 2015 or even later..

Thoughts?

Hard to argue with that, I see Jones Gus being a decision nearly every time. Jones by decision again obviously.... as its only fair.

Agreed, but DC demanded a fight and he's making money.

So, title considerations aside, I think he still comes out on top.

Pretty obvious Jons Bones is ducking DC at this point and the UFC is happy to cooperate

I think the exact opposite. Hendo is a great big profile fight for DC. Good money, ppv should be good. Hendo just beat Shogun. Plus I actually think it's a stylistic nightmare for Hendo. DC is a huge favorite on skill in my opinion, but he gets to make a name. DC should get the shot after beating Hendo no matter who wins between JJ and Gus. How many guys come down from HWT BEFORE they lose there? Not too many and it does matter. He's the man.

I'm pretty sure dc wants some time off after hendo anyway... so cross that off the list

Ye I dont understand why Gus has been given an insta rematch whats the point.

Have Jones fight DC then fight Gus would have been the more sensible approach right?

Pretty obvious Jons Bones is ducking DC at this point and the UFC is happy to cooperate

Jones fights Gus, he's ducking DC
Jones fights DC, he's ducking Gus
Jones defends against both in order, he's ducking HW

:icon_conf

Have Jones fight DC then fight Gus would have been the more sensible approach right?

Yea it's pretty fucking stupid. Just like they did JDS vs Cain III way too soon

Hendo is dangerous he can KO anyone on any given day. I dont see him making a title run at 205. If Cormier beats him theres voices out there that are going to come out and say "he hasn't earned his title shot beating a declining Hendo". If he loses he will have to go to the back of the line. Cormier is getting up there in age he has to fight for the title this year. However I dont see that happening. Jones and Gustaffson is ways away. If they have a war they are most likely going to be shelved for long time before the winner fights again.. Most likely Cormier will fight someone at 205 again...

Call me crazy but given that Cormier wins against Hendo and one more fight.. I dont see him fighting for the title until summer 2015 or even later..

Thoughts?

Im pretty sure I agree with this. But I think it can be seen the other way around as well. Hendo is low risk/high reward for DC. Look at it this way, Hendos only chance of winning is to land the huge right and maybe a big left, maybe. Now while he does land that game changer quite often, I see DC on par with the level of fighters that have been able to avoid the big shot from Hendo (Rashad, Lyoto, Vitor). So for DC there is likely not much risk but the reward for a solid win over Hendo will be a title shot.

An interesting side note, Hendo has in fact landed some type of "H Bomb" on 7 of his last 10 opponents.

So DC deserved a title-shot after beating up a beach-muscled barista? Hell no.

Cormier can probably get a title shot by merely sitting. If he beats Henderson, it's pretty much guaranteed that he gets the next shot after Gus.

So, a very winnable fight against one of the biggest names in the LHW division for good money, be in the for the title shot next as opposed to what? Sitting out an entire year waiting for the winner of Jones Gus? Or fighting more dangerous guys like Anthony Johnson (smaller name), Rashad Evans (big name, but VERY dangerous) or Glover Teixeira (smaller name)?

I think Cormier taking the fight against Hendo is the only choice that makes sense.

Gus fought somebody after jones. So its not an instant rematch. Gus deserves the fight

Hendo is a name and the biggest risk I see for DC in this fight is a broken hand.

But yeah I agree that unless DC is willing to wait again he will have to take another fight before Jones is available.

Makes more sense to Jones..."if it walks like a duck".:icon_chee

Cormier can probably get a title shot by merely sitting. If he beats Henderson, it's pretty much guaranteed that he gets the next shot after Gus.

So, a very winnable fight against one of the biggest names in the LHW division for good money, be in the for the title shot next as opposed to what? Sitting out an entire year waiting for the winner of Jones Gus? Or fighting more dangerous guys like Anthony Johnson (smaller name), Rashad Evans (big name, but VERY dangerous) or Glover Teixeira (smaller name)?

I think Cormier taking the fight against Hendo is the only choice that makes sense.

I agree! He is making a wise choice!

I think the exact opposite. Hendo is a great big profile fight for DC. Good money, ppv should be good. Hendo just beat Shogun. Plus I actually think it's a stylistic nightmare for Hendo. DC is a huge favorite on skill in my opinion, but he gets to make a name. DC should get the shot after beating Hendo no matter who wins between JJ and Gus. How many guys come down from HWT BEFORE they lose there? Not too many and it does matter. He's the man.

This. It's a high-profile matchup for DC at LHW and I believe a relatively safe one.

Back