Hendo deserves TS, yea I said it.

He doesn't deserve you, TS.
giphy.gif

I would be more up-in-arms if it wasn't Mike who was holding the belt, which is in and of itself a Twilight Zone affair. I still can't believe he sits atop the MW-mountain...but if Michael loses (again), he is going to look like the biggest twit, so he has far more to lose here.

I usually disagree with fans who read rankings as scripture and reckon gratuitous match-ups can be fun in measure while possibly throwing a monkey wrench into an otherwise stale landscape. In Dan's case, legends gonna legend and there's already a history and beef in place. Why not...

Taking the belt into foreverdom (if Dan takes it) robs the belt of its "lineage" (for me); two guys vying in vacancy for it later has a different feel to it - nothing is being successively passed on and the changing of guard ends up feeling more ceremonial, but it is what it is and like you alluded to, TS, if anyone has earned a going-away gift, it's Hendo.

I agree. Initially I was against this fight and thought Jacare should get the titleshot. But I think Bisping-Hendo 2 makes sense. Hendo is a legend of the sport obviously, he's coming off a big win, and this is probably his last fight. If anyone other than Bisping was the champ, Hendo wouldn't be getting the shot but since they have a history, it makes sense. I don't think this is the norm, it is a special exception for one of the all time great fighters in the sport.

Yeah, very grateful his last fight is a title shot. He deserves it. Lifetimes achievement award gift.

no he doesn't.

It is impossible to justify this title shot under any sport logic.

This is his 4th title shot in the UFC.

1st | Rampage

2nd | Silva

3rd | Jones (he pulled out)

Bisping is going to knock him silly.

The logic here: Henderson used to be good, give him a title shot. If you're not top 10 in your division you don't deserve a number 1 contender fight much less a title shot,

it sets a funny precedent, I know he's a legend and all but it's still a bit dodgy, like if Shogun said "I'm retiring after my next fight win or lose." should he get a LHW title shot? or should Big Nog have fought for the strap after he beat Dave Herman if he said he was gonna retire win or lose?

Back