Hendo and Machida not headlining UFC 157 because of ...

masterless

Sherdog Veteran
Reaction score
They both didnt fight Jones at UFC 151 and Dana is paying them back in a way. Henderson got injured but didnt reveal it for a few weeks while he gave Sonnen a chance to try and finagle his way into getting his spot and Machida didnt accept the fight when it was offered to him.

So, now these two legends of the sport are getting the shaft so to speak.

Also, UFC 157 features the first womens fight in UFC history so that takes precedence. Lets not whine about it too much now boys. Let the women have their time to shine.

I honestly would not put it past Dana to do that.

Honestly I think Machida and Hendo could'nt care less.

They both didnt fight Jones at UFC 151 and Dana is paying them back in a way. Henderson got injured but didnt reveal it for a few weeks while he gave Sonnen a chance to try and finagle his way into getting his spot and Machida didnt accept the fight when it was offered to him.

So, now these two legends of the sport are getting the shaft so to speak.

Also, UFC 157 features the first womens fight in UFC history so that takes precedence. Lets not whine about it too much now boys. Let the women have their time to shine.

Yeah they're getting the shaft. It's not like they're co-headlining a fucking event or anything.

And I really wouldn't call Machida a legend just yet.

-edit- Upon further reading of your post, I can't tell if you're for or against anything.

Dana White has made it very clear many times that if there is a title fight, it headlines the card (and if there is multiple title fights, its ordered by weight). Neither Henderson or Machida currently have a title.

I don't care that it's not headlining, I'm just gutted that it's not going to be 5 rounds

Or maybe because Aldo/Edgar is headlining the Vegas card, GSP is headlining Montreal, and Jones is headlining in Newark in April and Ronda wanted to fight soon?

The fans need to stop worrying and put some faith in their guys, so many people are worried one of these guys is gonna get screwed by a decision.

what was in the bout agreement of hendo and machida?
if dana did not put the wmma belt in the main event, he would be discriminating women

For the 9,000th time... IT'S BECAUSE A BELT ISN'T UP FOR GRABS

I'm a diehard fan of both, but title fights headline. Period.

I wish they were fighting a 5 rounder. If it is a close decision there will be too many arguments here lol. Though who knows, it could end early anyway.

I don't care if this fight is the first fight on the main card, it needs to be 5 rounds. I'm afraid if something doesn't happen in the first two rounds Machida will end up having another fight like the Rampage fight. Here's hoping it ends at 4:59 of the 3rd.

gee, another machida/hendo/ronda thread. not like there has not been two thousand already.

title fights always top the bill. hendo and machida arent champs so they arent headlining over a champion rousey

gee, another machida/hendo/ronda thread. not like there has not been two thousand already.

thank you for bumping it and keeping it alive.

Note: not everyone is on sherdog all day errr day.

thank you for bumping it and keeping it alive.

Note: not everyone is on sherdog all day errr day.

how did i bump it? i posted like three minutes after the last guy. not like it was a day old and i bumped it.

Note: there is three threads on this subject on the front page, you don't have to be on sherdog all day err day to see that.

how did i bump it? i posted like three minutes after the last guy. not like it was a day old and i bumped it.

Note: there is three threads on this subject on the front page, you don't have to be on sherdog all day err day to see that.

Just joking around man in the sense that any post is going to bump the thread back up.

I understand when insane amount of threads are created and they are merged into one thread, but I don't see the problem with various threads going on if different people want to have the same conversation. The thing I find with sherdog is sometimes threads get so big that you can't really have a back and forth discussion so much.

Anyway, Happy Holidays. No hard feelings bro.

I agree with you. I'm also tired of people bitching about the women headlining. It's a solid card and Ronda is fun to watch. Everybody that has a problem with it needs to get over it. This won't be the last time she headlines a card.

They're not headlining because there is a title fight, the first women's title fight in fact. It's a division the UFC is obviously banking on being hot. I'm sure more accomplished fighters have fought behind title fights plenty of times.

Back