Hendo almost became champion at the age of 46. Could A.Silva do it (become champ at a later age)?

Silva couldn’t even beat bisping so I’m not sure how he beats Whittaker or gastulum

I wanna say no.

But all of Anderson's losses were freak accidents (Weidman x2) or he should have won but didn't pull the trigger (Bisping).

Sadly, yes, I think he could win the title again.
7gSs.gif

Not without bisping as champ tbh

Bisping was super beatable as a champion, I think most elite fighters in the division would have unseated him. Anderson at this stage is even further gone though, I'd favor virtually every member of the top 10 against him.

I know, but Bisping was just as beatable when Silva fought him, but Silva couldn't get it done.

Lol, but Silva couldn't even beat a Bisping contender.

Any other place and that's a KO loss but UK.

It's Bisping for crying out loud are you seriously sticking up for a journeyman that got lucky in 1 fight.

Bisping..

The heck bizarre world here or what.

This gives me hope of Yoel fighting until that age

It's Bisping for crying out loud are you seriously sticking up for a journeyman that got lucky in 1 fight.

Bisping..

I thought Bisping won that fight pretty clearly, that's all.

It's commonly accepted that a fighter's speed is one of the first things to deteriorate while power is one of the last. I don't think that a fighter like Silva, who relied on crisp, accurate, lightening quick striking is going to be able to replicate his run in the twilight of his career. There may be occasional flashes of his former skills, but he's not the same man he was then.

Anderson was never some kind of speed demon.

When B-hop became world champ at 48 he had little in the way of power but was technical and had good gas.

Personally I think Anderson probably takes too many risks to not get caught with his weakened punch resistance at this age.

USADA Hendo is 1-2 and that win was against Lombard who is 0-5 under USADA.

We aren't going to see older guys like Hendo and Couture flourish under USADA.

Silva had lost his edge before USADA, you don't get better with age naturally.

Good stats, lol @ Lombard, not a shock he sucked under USADA.

Bisping..

no it wouldn't have, herb Dean was the ref, and NEVER called of the fight, sure he might've lost the decision, but let's not straight up bullshit haha.
Funny, cause when you say "Hendo almost became the champ at the age of 46" that was against Bisping.. The same Bisping who beat Silva.

Lol, but Silva couldn't even beat a Bisping contender.

Silva couldn’t even beat bisping so I’m not sure how he beats Whittaker or gastulum

<PlusJuan><DirkMavs>

Anderson has been a shell of himself ever since he broke his leg. It's crazy that he's still able to compete in the UFC after that. Tells you how gifted he is.

no it wouldn't have, herb Dean was the ref, and NEVER called of the fight, sure he might've lost the decision, but let's not straight up bullshit haha.

<PlusJuan><DirkMavs>

Yes it would.. it's pressure from the event, staff, location etc.. have it in a more chilled place and you can easily get a different calling.

How many times does Bisping needs to be favored inside UK till we say hey too many coincidences what the heck.

Who even cares this much about Bisping to even debate it or go back and forward.. it's freaking Ping one of the worst champs in modern history a laughing stock more or less.

No.

Pretty much anyone in the top 15 had a good chance of beating Bisping, you can't say the same about Whittaker.

Yea super clear that's why half the people around this parts still say he KO'ed Bisping.

I didn't realize opinions on it were so split. I've seen big silva fans like Kung fu saying he thought silva won, but I assumed they were just being silva fans.

You're right, though, sherdog was pretty split on who won that

upload_2018-8-25_18-53-23.png

Back