Hendo almost became champion at the age of 46. Could A.Silva do it (become champ at a later age)?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Gastelum beats Whittaker and challenges Silva?
anderson-silva-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-fight-night-120-pre.jpg

Thoughts?

Henderson fought Bisping though. Bisping was super hittable in that fight, causing him to lose several rounds.

Silva fighting Whittaker is a completely different ball game. He can't beat Whittaker in a decision, so an early KO has to happen.

Depends if penis pills become accepted by USADA

Henderson fought Bisping though. Bisping was super hittable in that fight, causing him to lose several rounds.

Silva fighting Whittaker is a completely different ball game. He can't beat Whittaker in a decision, so an early KO has to happen.
I think Gastelum matches up well against Whittaker.
I could see the UFC making Gastelum vs Silva down the road. What are your thoughts on that fight?

Silva KOs Whittaker, Gastelum KOs both of them

I would love to see that but I doubt it. Although actually I think he matches up well against Gastelum and Whittaker. Although I think Whittaker beats him.

I think Gastelum matches up well against Whittaker.
I could see the UFC making Gastelum vs Silva down the road. What are your thoughts on that fight?

As a huge Anderson fan I'm not sure if I like that fight or not. I can see ways for Anderson to win but he has been so tentative in his fights since the leg injury and doesn't seem to have the killer instinct he once did and is fighting more to survive than to destroy if you get what I mean.

As much as I'd love to say yes I doubt he would win and I doubt we will ever see gold around his waist again.

I would quite happy to admit I was wrong though should it happen, lol.

I don't think so. Whittaker is a far stronger champion than Bisping was. Hendo got so close because Bisping was one of the most beatable champions in recent memory.

No, he loves dick pills too much.

Does he still remember the password to the Matrix....

Not that impressive when the shot is as gifted as it was

Yer, Anderson could probably get gifted a title shot at age 46 and win that fight.

It's commonly accepted that a fighter's speed is one of the first things to deteriorate while power is one of the last. I don't think that a fighter like Silva, who relied on crisp, accurate, lightening quick striking is going to be able to replicate his run in the twilight of his career. There may be occasional flashes of his former skills, but he's not the same man he was then.

Michael fucking Bisping dropped silva, i'm a huge fan of silva but he's pretty beatable now.

Anderson matches up well with Whittaker...Silva can finish anyone but Rob most likely wins at this point

Funny, cause when you say "Hendo almost became the champ at the age of 46" that was against Bisping.. The same Bisping who beat Silva.

Back