Henderson vs Melendez targeted for UFC on Fox 7

We got Aldo/Edgar, Henderson/Melendez and likely Overeem/Velasquez. Nice year for superfights.

Weird, I thought the plan was to wait until Pettis/Cerrone were done, and give Pettis the shot if he won.

Oh well... I think the Pettis/Cerrone winner should fight Jim Miller for #1 contender spot.

Jim Miller is nowhere near that close to a title shot. He's 2-2 in his last 4 and his wins are against a guy who is 1-2 in his last 3 and the other guy is 1-4 his last 5. Miller should fight Maynard IMO with the winner getting back on track for a title shot.

I'd like to see the Pettis/Cerrone winner face Alvarez for #1 contender, if this stuff with Bellator ever gets worked out.

Scrap pack charges on boldly, I see.

They probably will fall one by one though.

Last edited:
excited for this fight, want Bendo to shut up Diaz huggers up once and for all

They aren't giving Melendez 'love', they're making this fight while Gil still has a name. He likely loses to any top LW and would fall out of contention. They're just cashing in before the masses realize he's overrated and doesn't belong in the title hunt.

I like Benderson's fights, but can we get someone else for a free main event?

Hard to complain about a free title fight, especially this one
Can't wait to see it

the card is on 4/20 so I guess the Diaz brothers are gonna be too high to be in Gil's corner that night

awesome, another free title fight. Can't believe there are still people who bitch about the Fox deal(the best complaint is I hate changing channels). We are getting the best free cards we've ever got from the Ufc.

Hoping for Cormier vs Mir as co main.

awesome

then Pettis/Cerrone faces the winner later in the year

awesome, another free title fight. Can't believe there are still people who bitch about the Fox deal(the best complaint is I hate changing channels). We are getting the best free cards we've ever got from the Ufc.

Hoping for Cormier vs Mir as co main.

Eh, I can still bitch about some things. I dislike not seeing the walkouts, I dislike not seeing the corners in between rounds, and I really dislike hearing the NFL song for UFC fights. Other than that, yeah it's one hell of a deal that we get to see such great free fights. If they fixed those things I'd be about as happy as you can get, but they're so minor that they don't come anywhere near to overshadowing the positives

Wonder how they work out points for tv (ie, how ppv points translate, if at all).

Back