Henderson told to call out Varner at WEC 43?

LeeOx

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So I was just watching Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone 1 on FightPass, and I noticed that, after the fight, Reed Harris, (the WEC owner, I think,) told Ben to "Call him out." Then to Ben's coach, "Tell him, if he wants to fight in December, tell him to call him out. Tell him." What the hell is up with that? Didn't he just earn his shot at Varner in winning the friggin' interim title? Or do you think it was just because Harris was hoping for trash-talk and an intense stare-down?

I think it was just hype or they disliked each other.

I do remember Henderson being critical of Varner's performance against Cerrone as well.

So I was just watching Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone 1 on FightPass, and I noticed that, after the fight, Reed Harris, (the WEC owner, I think,) told Ben to "Call him out." Then to Ben's coach, "Tell him, if he wants to fight in December, tell him to call him out. Tell him." What the hell is up with that? Didn't he just earn his shot at Varner in winning the friggin' interim title? Or do you think it was just because Harris was hoping for trash-talk and an intense stare-down?

calling out works. waddyagonnado.

as they say, hate the game.

but yes, when he beat Cerrone he was the clear #1 contender.

did i just wake up in 2010 or what?

seriously why the fuck do you even care?

For the time it was the fight that was mostly ignored (except on sherdog an the UG)

I guess they were wanting to build hype for a fight?

It was just something I noticed and wondered if anyone else noticed. Sherdog tends to enjoy complaining about companies and their owners, so I thought they'd enjoy it. For the record, It was in 2009.

You would guess it was obviously to try and stir things up and hype things up a bit.

It was just something I noticed and wondered if anyone else noticed. Sherdog tends to enjoy complaining about companies and their owners, so I thought they'd enjoy it. For the record, It was in 2009.

Found this, thought you might enjoy. It's a pretty good promo, with some input from Mir as well.

Good times.

Varner's reputation was tarnished because of that first Cerrone fight and he didn't take another fight until a year later. Bendo was critical of him not continuing but honestly it wouldn't have made a difference even if Varner lost the last round unless it ended up being a 10-8 for Cerrone, which would have resulted in a draw.

Anybody else remember when Benson Henderson wasn't a goody-goody and threw caution to the wind and tried to finish fights, and was pretty damn good as a result?

Soon as he got showtime kicked he went to this point fighting-patty cake bullshit and he's fucking awful at point fighting. Guarantee he could stop any of the guys he's fought in the UFC if he took risks.

The thread title says it all. Don't click if you're not interested ya knob.

Anyway, call outs are often quite lame, especially if you need to be prompted to do so.

Suppose it's not as lame as listening to Bendo rattle on about his mum and Jesus!

watch out guys we have a super interesting guy that only discusses super interesting things with his 9k posts.

Anybody else remember when Benson Henderson wasn't a goody-goody and threw caution to the wind and tried to finish fights, and was pretty damn good as a result?

Soon as he got showtime kicked he went to this point fighting-patty cake bullshit and he's fucking awful at point fighting. Guarantee he could stop any of the guys he's fought in the UFC if he took risks.

I remember him nearly getting ko'd by Shane Roller, pretty sure that version of Ben stood no chance of becoming a UFC champion

not interested in topic....

Clicks topic anyway...

posts to pad post count complaining about said topic

Back