Henderson loss= Poetic justice

he lost the second edgar fight, the rest were close and he edged it out. You thought Cerrone won the first fight and discredit the takedowns doing nothing but wasn't that how Cerrone probably stole the rounds from Benson? The takedowns that did nothing and Ben got right up? At least in Cerrone Bendo 1, Bendo got out of the subs was on top Gnping cowboy for the later part of the round.

I hope it wasn't the TD's that stole the rounds for Cerone, because I thought it was Donald's striking that won the day. I also think that Cerone won the first fight, but that's because I value solid submission attempts very highly.

Those fights were close. To say Bendo "clearly lost" them is pure moonshine. It drives me nuts when in a very close fight low I.q. posters go on about how somebody "clearly won" or someone "got robbed". That's the type of idiocy that gets people dubs and/or banned for calling people shertarded and the like.

True they were close fights, but not all close fight were created equal. Some are real toss ups and some 'bad' decisions are worse than other and many think the 2 Henderson wins mentioned fall into this 'worse than others' category.

I've been butthurt for years about Bendo/Edgar 2 so I'm glad to see it happen to Bendo. I'm mature like that...

I've been butthurt for years about Bendo/Edgar 2 so I'm glad to see it happen to Bendo. I'm mature like that...

Now you have to hope Cowboy gets robbed in his next fight, and so on. Or you could just want the judges to award the actual winner. Kind of crazy, I know...

Edgar is well known for getting himself in horrifically boring point fights where he dances a close decision. Not really here nor there karma wise.

I think that is why people use the adage "Styles make fights". I think it is safe to say that Edgar and Bendo both tend to be in positions where the decision can go either way. Live by the judge, die by the judge.

I think that is why people use the adage "Styles make fights". I think it is safe to say that Edgar and Bendo both tend to be in positions where the decision can go either way. Live by the judge, die by the judge.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Suffice to say I don't dispute their right to fight the way they do - in my opinion Bendo and Edgar use the tools they have to the best of their ability.

Just to be clear, I actually missed the fight. Based on everyone's reaction the fight was a close fight which didn't go Henderson's way. Which would be poetic justice in the sense that Henderson clearly lost the first fight against Frankie, and against Melendez. More importantly I thought he lost the first Cerrone fight back in the WEC, where he literally spent half the fight in Cerrone's triangle, Kimora or some other serious submission attempts. All of which the judges proceeded to ignore in favor of a couple of take downs followed by nothing, but constant submission defense.

So yeah.....poetic justice is ....poetic.

I`m always pleased when a fighter that fights for a decision loses the decision, especially when he should have won...I think I felt the same about the machida - davis fight.

"I'm pissed about bad judging so Imma celebrate bad judging when it happens to the the other guy"??

Really bad logic. Just say you hate Bendo. Honesty is better.

he lost the second edgar fight, the rest were close and he edged it out. You thought Cerrone won the first fight and discredit the takedowns doing nothing but wasn't that how Cerrone probably stole the rounds from Benson? The takedowns that did nothing and Ben got right up? At least in Cerrone Bendo 1, Bendo got out of the subs was on top Gnping cowboy for the later part of the round.

I agree. bendo has had so many very close decisions, but the only one in which he was clearly given a gift was the UFC 150 win over Frankie. I thought bendo narrowly beat gil, Frankie (1), and Thomson. bendo narrowly but clearly won this fight last night.

I hope it wasn't the TD's that stole the rounds for Cerone, because I thought it was Donald's striking that won the day. I also think that Cerone won the first fight, but that's because I value solid submission attempts very highly.

I thought the striking was really close to even, but Cerrone got the nod for control/aggression because he was moving forward more

Both Edgar fights were won via dubious, close decisions. Melendez fight was a close decision...Thomson beat him, and Bendo won a dubious close decision...what goes around comes around.

Cerrone landed the only takedowns and Bendo was busier standing, but shit happens. Loved it.

Back