Henderson loss= Poetic justice

mohawk6r

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I actually missed the fight. Based on everyone's reaction the fight was a close fight which didn't go Henderson's way. Which would be poetic justice in the sense that Henderson clearly lost the first fight against Frankie, and against Melendez. More importantly I thought he lost the first Cerrone fight back in the WEC, where he literally spent half the fight in Cerrone's triangle, Kimora or some other serious submission attempts. All of which the judges proceeded to ignore in favor of a couple of take downs followed by nothing, but constant submission defense.

So yeah.....poetic justice is ....poetic.

Just to be clear, I actually missed the fight. Based on everyone's reaction the fight was a close fight which didn't go Henderson's way. Which would be poetic justice in the sense that Henderson clearly lost the first fight against Frankie, and against Melendez. More importantly I thought he lost the first Cerrone fight back in the WEC, where he literally spent half the fight in Cerrone's triangle, Kimora or some other serious submission attempts. All of which the judges proceeded to ignore in favor of a couple of take downs followed by nothing, but constant submission defense.

he lost the second edgar fight, the rest were close and he edged it out. You thought Cerrone won the first fight and discredit the takedowns doing nothing but wasn't that how Cerrone probably stole the rounds from Benson? The takedowns that did nothing and Ben got right up? At least in Cerrone Bendo 1, Bendo got out of the subs was on top Gnping cowboy for the later part of the round.

Lost the 1st fight to Edgar? He clearly won the 1st fight.

Do you mean the 2nd Edgar fight? That is the controversial one.

Anyway your post is ignorant. Whether or not Bendo won some decisions he should have lost it doesn't mean that he should lose a decision against a different fighter that he clearly should have beat.

He definitely beat Edgar both times in my humble opinion and Edgar is well known for getting himself in horrifically boring point fights where he dances a close decision. Not really here nor there karma wise.

I thought the fight with Melendez was close, but nothing to complain about.

What's a guy supposed to do after winning a SD? Say, "I lost, here's your belt?" How is that Henderson's fault?

I don't believe in that crap. Bad decisions aren't made up for by other bad decisions.

he lost the second edgar fight, the rest were close and he edged it out. You thought Cerrone won the first fight and discredit the takedowns doing nothing but wasn't that how Cerrone probably stole the rounds from Benson? The takedowns that did nothing and Ben got right up? At least in Cerrone Bendo 1, Bendo got out of the subs was on top Gnping cowboy for the later part of the round.

Like I said I didn't see the latest fight so I'm not arguing one way or another, but the Melendez and Frankie I went the wrong way by overwhelming consensus in terms of Sherdog and other form opinions as well as writer, fighter, and commentator opinions.

As for the first Cerrone fight Bendo there were at least six or seven tight and close submission attempts, which were overlooked. What does octagon control mean if you are not reward for keeping someone in your triangle, Kimora , omaplata or rear naked for literally 1/3 of the whole fight?

I don't believe in that crap. Bad decisions aren't made up for by other bad decisions.

Exactly. I think Bendo edged a lot of close decisions but Edgar II was the only time I thought he shouldn't have won.

And even if you thought the other ones were bad why would you wish for more bad decisions?

Benson beat a top-5 Lightweight in a good contest and it's a shame he didn't get credited with the decision.

He is truly getting what he deserves

You're getting your fights confused, it was the second one we all pretty much concede he lost against Frankie. The first one he edged Frankie out.

That's not how this works, OP. That's not how any of this works...

You're getting your fights confused, it was the second one we all pretty much concede he lost against Frankie. The first one he edged Frankie out.

Ok, might have gotten them confused.

I didn't agree with some of his wins (Edgar, Thomson), but poetic justice and karma have no bearing on how a fight actually goes. If the better performing fighter loses it's an injustice no matter who it happens to.

Those fights were close. To say Bendo "clearly lost" them is pure moonshine. It drives me nuts when in a very close fight low I.q. posters go on about how somebody "clearly won" or someone "got robbed". That's the type of idiocy that gets people dubs and/or banned for calling people shertarded and the like.

Back