Henderson: I

Dan Henderson must have heard angels sing "Hallelujah" after he found out he wasn't going to be in a 5 Round fight, possibly due to a title fight being the Main Event. I don't doubt he would gas but 5 Rounds. Plus, in 5 Round fights, Machida really seems to last pretty long.

of course he likes it, much easier to steal a decision if its only 3 rounds as he only needs 2 rounds for the win instead of winning 2 rounds and then gassing hard and losing the next 3.

good for him. lesson #1 - don't sweat the small shit.

plus, SOMEONE made the Hendo v Machida fight a 3 rounder a full month prior to the Ronda announcement. so either Dana wanted to keep the main event open cuz he knew, or one of the fighters demanded it be 3 instead of 5 (and therefore pretty much guaranteed it not be a main event).

i certainly don't know who did what here, but i put the odds at 80% that Hendo either demanded or was totally OK with a 3 rounder, thereby virtually guaranteeing non main event status. and regardless of who wanted or demanded it, he signed it, so it would be pretty fucking silly to complain a month later about who was main eventing over him....

i'm amazed at the # of sherdoggers who have managed to ignore this not-so-small piece of info when complaining about all this.
I know right. Of course Hendo is cool with a 3 rounder after the Shogun fight. He was on his deathbed in the 4th and 5th.

Chillaxing cageside for the Rousey fight with a TRT cocktail.

Ahh, I love Hendo no matter what.

lol I love the Hendo fans making it sound like his only purpose for saying this is because he's just a good guy and a fine upstanding citizen. Maybe it really doesn't bother him but you can't pretend the fact that a 3 round fight is 10x better for him than a 5 round fight doesn't exist.

Hes happy cos co mainevent fights arent 5 rounds.

lol of course he is... Betters his chances of winning.

Lol, Hendo came off as cool and chill. I could imagine him saying that. Also it might help since he probably would prefer a 3 rounder against Machida.

WAR HENDO! WAR ROUSEY!

I know right. Of course Hendo is cool with a 3 rounder after the Shogun fight. He was on his deathbed in the 4th and 5th.

and that's what's so frustrating about people's anger. they went straight from fact A to fact C, bypassed fact B and got upset about an inaccurate conclusion:

FACT A: Hendo is fighting Machinda
FACT B: it was signed in November as a 3 rounder, basically assuring it would not be a main event
FACT C: in December a main event is signed

inaccurate concklusion: "OMFG i can't believe so-and-so is a main event over Hendo!!! :icon_cry2"

i don't blame them for coming to the wrong conclusion when they choose to ignore certain facts (of course they'll come to the wrong conclusion if they ignore certain facts), but i DO blame them for being stupid enough to ignore certain facts. or even worse, when the fact they are ignoring is pointed out to them, continue to rant & rave as if they weren't made aware of it.

ahh the joys of interwebs forums, where everyone has the right to be a stupid as they want to be.

good for him. lesson #1 - don't sweat the small shit.

plus, SOMEONE made the Hendo v Machida fight a 3 rounder a full month prior to the Ronda announcement. so either Dana wanted to keep the main event open cuz he knew, or one of the fighters demanded it be 3 instead of 5 (and therefore pretty much guaranteed it not be a main event).

i certainly don't know who did what here, but i put the odds at 80% that Hendo either demanded or was totally OK with a 3 rounder, thereby virtually guaranteeing non main event status. and regardless of who wanted or demanded it, he signed it, so it would be pretty fucking silly to complain a month later about who was main eventing over him....

i'm amazed at the # of sherdoggers who have managed to ignore this not-so-small piece of info when complaining about all this.

This, though it doesn't surprise me in the least bit. People are stupid in general, MMA fans a lower echelon of said people.

Too bad Hendo is going to be riding the ambulance while they are fighting :icon_twis

And that. Hopefully Lyoto leaves one of his eyes open so Dan can see Rousey break Liz in half :icon_chee

While Hendo’s coach isn’t happy with the co-main status of Dan Henderson (29-8) vs Lyoto Machida (18-3) at UFC 157, the man himself isn’t bothered. A three-rounder could favour the Pride veteran, plus he gets to watch the girls.

“I am perfectly fine as the co-main. I will get to relax and enjoy the women go at it.” (Twitter)​
From MMA Lives Here

WAR HENDO but WAR MACHIDA even more :icon_evil

Honestly, Hendo should be happy. He owned Shogun in the first three rounds before he gassed, and the longer this match goes the more time Machida has to figure you out.

This match is very intriguing and it could go both ways.I hope Machida can avoid his H-bomb and counter him like Anderson, but it only takes one mistake and Hendo is no joke.

Back